1.5

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Part 5: Edible Art

~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ 

While Ruby enjoyed pretending to be human, she was often bored. She was currently staring out the window while sitting down in a classroom. The most fun she had was whenever she was on an adventure. 

A small smile was on the girl's face as she remembered her time with the Volturi. They were evil, far from nice, but to her, they adored the girl. 

The image of the blonde running away from the Volturi guard played on her mind.

She was hidden from the vampire as he tried desperately to find her. He wasn't as good a tracker as the other guard, yet he was usually good at finding her.

It had been ten minutes, she had been hidden high in the tree, with no sign of the vampire. She jumped down, only to be pinned to the ground.

A small smirk was on the predator's face. He had caught his prey, at last. "I've got you." "Yet it took you, how long exactly?" she teased.

The male didn't reply with words, instead he pressed his lips against hers. The kiss they shared was passionate, filled with desire.

She was knocked out of her thoughts as the bell rang, signalling the end of class. She missed the boy, but what could she do? She loved her family too much to risk their lives, just to see him.

A smile was on her face as she realised soon she'd see Bella. The girl seemed lovely and a change to what Ruby was used to. She enjoyed the girl's company, not only that, but she knew Edward would be happy with her.

When she left the classroom, a voice said her name, causing her to freeze. She wasn't used to the voice speaking to her, yet she knew exactly who it was.

"What can I do for you?" she asked. "Who's your prom date?" Tyler asked. "Prom?" Ruby let out a chuckle. "I'm not sure if I'll be available. I might be going to visit family in Alaska."

"Well if you're free, let me know and I'll take you" he said with a wink, causing the girl to chuckle. "For you, I'm never free."

Tyler watched shocked as she walked to her table. She sat down next to Alice, letting out a loud sigh. "How was rejecting Tyler?" Alice teased, causing the blonde to roll her eyes.

A frown was on Ruby's face as she realised somebody was missing. Edward wasn't sitting with them. She scanned the cafeteria, smirking at what she saw.

Edward was standing with Bella.

"Edible art" Edward said, causing Bella to drop the apple in her hand. Edward, using his fast reflexes, kicked it up with his knee, bouncing it back to his hands. "Here." He handed Bella the apple.

"Thanks" she said, taking the apple. "Though your mood swings are giving me whiplash."

"I said it would be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be" Edward reminded her. "What does that even mean?" a confused Bella asked.

"It means, if you were smart, you'd avoid me."

Bella looked towards the Cullen table, only to see Ruby with a small smirk on her face as she watched the two. Bella knew that Ruby was fine with her, she seemed to be the only Cullen and Hale who didn't have a problem with her.

"So let's say, for argument's sake, that I'm not smart. Would you tell me the truth?" she asked. "Probably not. I'd rather hear your theories" Edward replied. "I considered, Radioactive spiders, Kryptonite" she said.