27

SITARA couldn't move. For the longest while, she found herself scattered in his arms like she was something that was broken; in search of a mend. She could hear his soft breathing and her loud heart. Tears began to whelm her eyes as soon as the realisation surpassed her mind. 

He was holding onto her. His arms were touching her body. His face remained sunken somewhere in the crook of her neck. He wanted her.

Despite everything that had happened, he had wanted her. He wasn't disgusted by her, his deep brown honey eyes didn't darken in loathe like they usually did; when he saw her. He wasn't angry at her either. 

And that was when she saw something in him for her, that she had could have never thought of. Fear.

He seemed like he was terrified of something happening to her. He was so shaken, so overwhelmed that there was nothing else that he could do except feeling his arms around her. Sitara didn't understand his emotions. 

He was supposed to be embarrassed. He should've been questioning her over and over again, demanding answers for hiding something so vast and shameful. He should be hating her, accusing her of lying to them. He was supposed to ask her to leave his house and his daughter. A single look at her face or the slightest wave of her voice was supposed to send nothing but anger and displeasure down his features. 

"Bhabhi..." A slight shade of crimson coloured Aliya's cheeks at the sight of the two sharing a rather emotional yet intimate moment together. She quickly averted her gaze down on the floor, seeing both of them shift and regretted her decision of walking over something like that.

She pulled herself from the tightening of his arms, both flushed and embarrassed. She didn't have the courage to look into his direction anymore, but felt him getting uncomfortable as well at the abrupt interruption. 

"Umm khala was calling you." She awkwardly told Rehaan, now shifting her focus at Sitara as she hurriedly wore her dupatta that was sprawled on the floor. 

He left, not sharing a word with either of them and she finally felt the uneasiness arising in the pit of her stomach come down to some halt. 

"I'll warm the tea again." Sitara spoke, sniffing and at the same time attempting to wipe her face that was stained with tears. She couldn't held herself from recalling how she had ended up staining her husband's shirt too. 

"I'll do it, you please go with Rehaan bhai. Alright?" The young girl held her hands, preventing her from performing any other chore. She could sense that Sitara was in no state to be left alone. 

"I'm fine, Aliya. I'll stay here for a while." She tried to ensure her. She had no heart to listen to him and his aunt talk, neither did she want to go him when he was alone. Whatever that had happened there a while ago had left into nothing but a perpetual state of shame and guilt.