Typical Backstory

*Authors Note: When Rena is talking to Versa in her head, it will be italics and Versa will be bolded.*

Rena makes it back to her house a the top of a hill overlooking the lake. She unlocks the door and steps inside.

"Welp, here we are.. Home Sweet Home."

"It's very.. Cute?"

"Yeah, I live with my grandma so it's very grandmaish. Everything is old. Ah, we have a TON of books. My neighbors joke that this house would collapse under the weight of the books one day."

"May I ask why you live with your grandma? If not, that's ok. Just figured we're going to be close for a while and might as well get to know you."

"Understandable and it's alright. I've lived with her since I was 5. My parents are..well...my mother is dead and my father...I've never met him so I can't say much."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

"No, it's alright. As I said, I've lived with my grandma since I was 5. I'm ok with it. It's for the best anyway. I'd say we could meet Grandma but she's overseas on vacation right now."

"Oh, does she travel a lot?"

"Yeah, she does. I haven't had the chance to go with her yet. I'd love to travel the world. But instead, I'm here. All alone."

"That must be pretty lonely."

"It does get lonely sometimes. But I have Annie here to keep me company."

"Well, that's good then. I believe there is a saying.. 'A dog is a man's best friend'"

"You know.. For a guardian from a different realm, you sure talk like you are from this world."

"Well, I might have been in my previous life. Sadly I don't have any memory of my previous life so I don't know where I came from."

"So you weren't always a guardian?"

"That's what I've been told. A lot of the guardians are like that. Humans or something similar that became guardians. Some have chosen to forget their memories while others chose to keep them. There's only a few that have been guardians their whole lives."

"Wow, that's pretty interesting. Do you know who?"

"Unfortunately no. They keep that information secret because it could cause trouble if anyone knew."

"Why is that?"

"You know.. I don't know. I never thought to ask."

Rena had been moving about the house getting things ready to turn in for the night. She filled up Annie's food and water bowl and then headed back outside. She began walking towards the backside of the house.

"You'll have to ask next time you see all your guardian friends."

"Yea, I'll keep that in mind... I hope I can find them soon. So where are we going now?"

"Ah it's a special place I like to go to watch the sunset. It holds a lot of special memories."

Rena rounds the corner to the back of the house. There was a large oak tree standing tall in the middle of the backyard. It's branches seem to reach the heavens. In the middle of the tree a few yards up sat a treehouse.

"Whoa, a tree house?"

"Yea, how'd you know that?"

"I don't know actually. It just came to me. It sort of feels nostalgic. Or maybe it's from us being connected."

"Ah, that would make sense."

Rena climbs to the top of the tree house glancing at a carving that says 'R&C 4ever'. She sits down and turns towards the skyline viewing the lake, the distant mountains, and the setting sun.

"Wow, this is beautiful."

"It is. Helps me forget about the world and all the problems that come with it."

A moment of silence passes.

"So... If you are the R.. who is the C?"

~Meanwhile back at Guardian HQ~

Odysseus lunges for the syringe, picking it off the ground, and inspecting its golden contents.

Bob turns towards everyone shouting an order "All of you, jump through the portals. NOW!"

They all step into the portals as they begin to disappear. Veda glances towards Bob as she steps through. "Bob, we are counting on you. Find Versa, keep her safe, then come find us."

All of the guardians escaped except for Bob and Aza, who was lying on the floor in too much pain to move. Odysseus turns towards death. "I know you're secret, BOB," he says with a curve of his lips.

Death turns around "What secret? I don't have any secrets. Who said I have secrets?"

Odysseus' smile grows across his face "Oh really now? Not even about a certain Human you fucked over?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Now, what are you planning to do with everyone?"

He gives an evil grin as he holds the syringe up in the air over his head. He tilts his head back squeezes the essence out into his mouth and swallows it. "Mmmm, so sweet. Such a shame I couldn't get more but guess that will do for now." he tossed the syringe off to the side.

He glances towards Bob. "No reaction, guess the rumors are true. You have no emotions."

"So, not going to answer my question then? Also, I think you need some serious help with whatever is going on in that head of yours."

"Oh, I need help? HAHAHAHA. No, it's all of you that need help. Well actually everyone else. I guess you are the lucky one." he chuckled.

"What do you mean? How am I, the guardian of DEATH, lucky?"

"Simple. I don't need nor want your power. I'm going to be too busy killing people to get what I want to have to play the part of Death so I'll let you keep your job."

"You aren't going to find a replacement?"

"Why should I? You've got it down pat and honestly, I don't have time to train someone new to do your job. Besides you are the best of the best so congratulations. Your life is spared. You better run along now. You are about to get serious over time."

Bob scoffs "I'm leaving.. but not because you told me to.. But because your face just pisses me off... well if I could be pissed off. Anyway, I'm sure we will find a way to stop you. Can't wait till you die and are placed in my ~tender loving care~ for eternity." Bob smirks..if that's possible.

Bob swings his scythe in a circle and a black portal opens up, he steps through.

Odysseus frowns rolling his eyes "Tch, whatever" he turns towards Aza. "Now then, what should I do with you."

Aza struggles to reply. "You'll pay severely for this."

"Nah I don't think I will and I don't think I'm going to take all of your essence just yet. I'm going to let you drown in the pain as I slowly over time take it away from you. Vivek went too quickly. While he isn't dead yet he is basically dead. I think the humans call it a vegetative state. He makes an adorable vegetable. HAHA."

"You are a troubled soul."

 "NO. ALL OF YOU HIGHER GUARDIANS ARE TROUBLED AND IN SERIOUS TROUBLE ONCE I FIND THEM."

Odysseus punches Aza Knocking him out.

"Now then.. I think my first task is to find some followers. I need someone to do the dirty work."

Serenity: Crossing RealmsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara