FT - Jobs and Training

**A/N: this is a reference to episode 221**

"Lucy! Mystic! I found a job for us! Let's go!" Natsu came running over to the girls who were enjoying some morning breakfast in the guild hall.

"What's the Job Natsu?" Lucy asked.

"Some client needs a special kind of ice. Come on let's go!" Natsu said grinning ear to ear, Lucy took the paper from him looking it over.

"Yea, this looks simple enough. Easy money, I can pay my rent!" Lucy says excitedly! "You up for it Mystic?"

"Yea of course! I'd love an adventure" She smiles back.

~Mini Time Skip~

The group was now on the mountain of Mt. Hakobe, their mission was to get a piece of the infamous Hakobe Ice. It was a magical item that was said to have many magical characteristics. Trudging up the mountain Happy and Natsu decided to have a snowball fight.

Lucy lets out a sigh before she is slammed in the face with a snowball.

"CUT IT OUT!" she yells "WHERE ON A JOB YOU IDIOTS!"

Mystic snickers at their playfulness and bantering before they suddenly realize they are on a snowy mountain. A sudden avalanche pins Natsu and Happy in a large snowball, allowing Lucy to give them a scolding. They continue on through a blizzard before they fall down the mountain and into a hole. Happy tries to fly them out but the wind is too strong. The group tredged on finding a cave, and looking to take some shelter for a while they went into the cavern.

Natsu decided to lead the group to explore the cave but things started to shift and the group had to make a run for it. Suddenly they fall through the floor, losing themselves even deeper in the cave. 3 days later they were still lost in the cave. Cold, hungry, and tired Mystic was starting to reconsider the mess she got herself into.

Natsu was trying to keep them warm with his fire but after days without food or sleep, he was struggling to keep the fire going. Mystic was thinking she should train her fire element next. The group started to hallucinate and Natsu started swinging his fists hitting the wall. Ice started crashing down bringing the group to their sense. Finally, they saw an opening to the outside and attempted to escape the cave, except it was blocked by a wall of ice.

"FIRE DRAGON TALON" Natsu tried to break the wall but there wasn't even a scratch. "FIRE DRAGON CRUSHING FANG!" but still no damage.

Lucy realized the wall in front of them was the Ice they were looking for. She used the special magic pen from the client to cut a circle out of the ice. Suddenly a monster appeared knocking down ice all around them. The group managed to squeeze through the hole in the ice and race outside, only to be followed by the monster.

They jump on a log using it as a sled to rush down the mountain trying to fight the monster off. Remembering that the ice holds special powers Lucy gives it to Natsu to eat and he gains a boost of energy and frys the monster. The group finally free was about to head back to the guild before they realized they didn't have the ice to complete the job. They'd need to go back into the cave to get some more.

~Mini Time Skip~

After a rough few days on the Job, the group decided to take it easy. Lucy, Happy, and Natsu decide to train with Mirajane on some transformation magic. Mystic decided to use this time to train one of her other elements. She had originally wanted to train her fire element next and had considered asking Natsu for help but she figured that might not be the best idea considering his carefree attitude. So she decided to train her air element, and she was going to see if the Sky Dragon Slayer Wendy might lend her some advice.