MHA - Saturday Part 2

Rena decided to go to the park a little early, hoping to clear her mind a little while also scoping out the place. Hawks had been called out on patrol so he wasn't nearby, but she had his feather tucked safely in her pocket. She walked around the park and saw nothing that would raise suspicion so she decided to take a seat on a park bench. She was zoning out on the view in front of her when she began to daydream, a dream that wasn't hers.

~

The blonde woman let out a little giggle. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Blaine."

"Ah it's nice to meet you too Miss Venus," he replied with a slight dusting of pink on his cheeks. He glanced over trying to figure out how to keep the conversation going. He looked at her book and decided to give that a shot.

"So what's that you're reading?"

"Oh, this? It's just a romance novel," she said, smiling softly, a hint of sadness behind her eyes. She ran her hand softly over the cover as her eyes had a far-off look, like she was remembering something.

"My grandparents had a fairytale love story so I fell in love with the idea of romance at an early age. Their story was so beautiful from beginning to end. I want to write my own romance novel one day but I need to experience it myself before I can write about it. But I haven't exactly had the best luck in the romance department. No one wants a shy bookworm with high expectations of love."

Blaine sat there quietly listening to her, he didn't realize his mouth was dropping till his cigarette fell to the ground. Once it hit the ground, they both snapped their gaze and locked eyes for a moment again. They both turned red and looked away.

"Oh my goodness. I went and started blabbering once again. I'm so sorry. You're a stranger and you didn't come to the park to hear a lonely bookworm go on about her lack of a love life. AH there I go again!" she said as she covered her mouth with her hand.

There was a moment of silence before she heard him say something unexpected.

"I don't have to be..." he said, turning even more pink.

She turned back to him, "Pardon?"

He turned to face her once again, embarrassed but decided it was now or never. "I don't have to be... A stranger that is..." he said, giving her a soft smile.

She looked at him in shock for a moment before giving him a soft smile. "You know? I think I'd very much like that.... Doll?"

"Huh?"

"..ey....OI! You in there doll?" someone's voice broke Rena out of her daydream.

Rena was still zoning out; she didn't notice how much time had passed. She came to her senses when she noticed a hand snapping its fingers and that god-awful pet name...doll. Ugh...Dabi. She mentally groaned to herself before coming to a realization.

"Oh shit!" she jumped in her seat. "When the hell did you get there?" she didn't wait for his response as she looked down at her phone. 8:02 pm.

"About 2 minutes ago. Damn.. you actually have somewhere to go in there?" he said, tapping her forehead. "I figured it was empty."

"Wow. Fuck you." she grimaced.

"Sorry sweetheart, you couldn't handle me." he chuckled, eyes squinting from him smirking under his mask.

Rena gaged. "Uh no offense, but you're definitely not my type."

Dabi let out a low chuckle again. "Oh, what's your type then? Blonde boys with red wings and a hero complex?"

Rena just glared at him rolling her eyes "Also not my type if you must know."

"Could have fooled me with how much you two have been hanging around each other," he said with his tone darkening.

What?! So they really are watching Hawks. "I'm only hanging around him because you asked me to get Intel on him. Or don't you remember?" she sneered.

Dabi was quiet for a moment "Right. I actually forgot about that." he said looking around, trying to avoid eye contact but also looking for anything suspicious.

"I came alone so don't worry and also WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU FORGOT?" she was pissed off now. All that worrying about if her fake Intel would work just for it to not have been needed in the first place. Who did this guy think he was?

"Oi, hush it down would YA? Come on... follow me," he said as he started to walk off.

"Oh no. Tell me where we're going first," she said, crossing her arms and legs.

Dabi turned and started to light a fire in his hand. His voice turned dark. "You'll follow me if you value your life. You want in the league? Well, you got in, so I'm taking you to someone who wants to meet you. Let's hurry. I want to get this over with. I have better shit to do."

He started walking off again. Rena just let out a sigh and got up to follow him. She wanted to let the others know but she thought it best if she didn't bring her phone out. She reached in her pocket and felt the feather. OH! He said he could feel his feathers. I'll tap it a few times so maybe he will understand what I'm trying to say. Damn, maybe I should have learned Morse code.

She tapped on the feather 3 times. It was still for a moment but then she felt it start to flutter around. She softly grabbed it and tapped twice again hoping he'd take that as she was OK. It fluttered again then settled back down. Well, hopefully, he understands that.

She followed Dabi for about 20 minutes, weaving through back streets, and passing by shady buildings. Finally, they got to a building that looked like an abandoned apartment building. Oh great. This looks promising. Tbh I should have expected this. She was mentally kicking herself.

They went inside took the elevator up to a random floor and stepped out. The floor had been hollowed out, and all the walls and rooms had been torn down leaving just the support pillars and an open floor. In the middle was a bunch of fancy, yet run-down lab equipment. There was an operating table in the middle and a large chamber-looking tube big enough to hold a person.

Renas' heart dropped to the floor and her stomach jumped to her throat. This... Can't be good.

Suddenly, a chair behind the operating table turned around and she saw HIM. The Ashy blonde guy with goggles on his head. He looked up and closed the file he was looking at. "Ah, you're here. Thank you for bringing her, Dabi. You can leave." He said, waving his hand in a "shoo-ing" manner.

"What. a. fucking. pain. I bring her here for you and all I get is a 'Kthanksbye'. Fuck off." Dabi growled as he turned and punched a pillar—chunks of concrete fall to the floor. A stain of blood was left where he had hit. Dabi walked off back towards the elevator to leave.

He turned around after stepping inside "You've got 2 hours, then I take her back. Don't do anything stupid... Kage." he sneered as the elevator door closed.

An awkward silence filled the air. Rena slowly turned around to face the man who had supposedly wanted her brought here.

"Well, he's a cheerful guy." She said trying to 'lighten' the mood.

The man just looked up at her silently. Looking her up and down like she was an enigma. Rena was feeling awkward as the silence continued. She put her hands in her pocket to look like she was bored but really she gave the feather a long hard squeeze. She had a growing uneasy feeling as she was just having a staring contest with this man.

He finally straightened himself upright, looked Rena dead in the eyes with the most blank expression possible, and finally broke the silence.

"You. You're not from this world. Are you?"