FT - Fairies in Ureka

"Hello everyone. Welcome to Ureka." Sy welcomed the Fairy Tail members who were looking around her lab.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet Sy, my partner. Sy this is the Fairy Tail Guild. Natsu, Lucy, Erza, Gray, Wendy, Happy, and Carla." Rena introduced everyone as they all gave a wave or nod to the stranger in front of them.

"Nice to meet you all. Thank you for taking care of Mystic for me." Sy smiled.

"No, it is us who should be thanking you. If you hadn't sent Mystic our way, who knows what would have happened to me? So Thank you." Lucy said looking at Mystic giving her a soft smile, silently thanking her again.

The group was looking around Sy's lab at all the gadgets and gizmos scattered about. Natsu of course was about to touch an unknown gadget when suddenly a portal opened up and in stepped a hooded figure wielding a scythe. Everyone went pale in shock as Death waltzed into the room like it was normal.

Mystic saw the utter terror on her friends' faces and couldn't help but let out a laugh. "Guys it's OK. He's one of the guardians and I can bet you can guess which one by his appearance. Believe it or not but he's completely harmless."

"I wouldn't say I'm Harmless Re–" Sy cut him off before he could say Rena's real name.

"Mystic just came back from her first assignment, Bob." Sy said giving him the eyes of 'don't say her real name, you idiot'.

"Ohh! How'd it go?!" Bob asked oddly excitedly.

"It went well. There's a lot I need to tell you guys but the biggest thing would be we were correct in our assumption that there is a guardian in the celestial world." Mystic explains.

"That's great news! Do you know who it is?" Bob asked.

"Alkawn," Sy says.

"How did you know that?" Mystic asks surprised Sy already knew the answer.

"Did you forget your contacts relay audio/video back to me?" Sy says, pushing her glasses up. She turns to her computer and pulls up the video of when Loke told Mystic who was in the celestial world.

"Oh. Right. I completely forgot about that." Mystic says.

"Yes. However, I noticed when you used your magical powers it cut off so I wasn't able to see your battle. I'll need you to recap all of that in detail for me." Sy says handing Rena her tablet so she can enter all of the information from her mission.

"Now I suppose we should explain to your friends more of what's going on. I'm sure they have several questions." Sy says gesturing towards the group.

"Sooo is that actually the Grim Reaper?" Natsu was the first to speak up pointing at Bob.

"Well that's what some people call me but the name is Bob. Guardian of Death. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Bob said giving the group an awkward bow.

"What are the guardians exactly?" Erza chimes in.

"Well, that depends. Some cultures would call us gods, but The Guardians are a group of beings who oversee the fundamental aspects of existence. Each of them has a unique role and responsibility in maintaining the balance and harmony of the universe" Bob explained.

"How many of you are there?" Gray asked.

"There are two classifications of guardians. The higher guardians and the lower guardians. There are 8 higher guardians which are knowledge, life, death, time, cosmos, elements, realms, and power. Under each of the higher guardians are lower guardians but we can skip those details for now." Bob continued.

Sy chimes in "I'm not sure what Mystic has told any of you but there was an incident involving one of the lower guardians, the Guardian of Fury, Odysseus. The guardians were forced to leave their realm and were scattered across the universes. Odysseus plans to capture them and take their powers to become the strongest, most powerful one of them all. In doing so he could potentially end existence in every world. We are trying to locate the guardians before he can, hence why we sent Mystic here to protect your celestial wizard from being taken and forced to reach one of the guardians in the celestial world.

In most worlds, a guardian will need to bond with an inhabitant of said world to be able to roam freely. When a guardian bonds, their presence can be masked but not completely. Mystic here is actually bonded with the guardian or realms, Versa. Versa, would you like to say hello?"

Everyone turns to Mystic to see her hair turn blonde and her eyes glowing gold.

Versa bows and greets the group. "Hello everyone. Thank you for taking care of Mystic for me. I apologize that you all were dragged into this mess because of me."

"Ver... How many times do I have to tell you this isn't your fault." Bob cuts in.

"But–" she tried to speak but was cut off by Sy.

"He's right V. While these events were not to take place in everyone's original timeline, they happened because of Odysseus. You did what you needed to to keep everyone safe. We may have extra work tracking them down but in no way are you at fault. We invited them here to explain the situation. It's their decision if they want to help, just like Mystic decided to go on these missions."

"Alright. I still just wanted to apologize for the mess. I'll let Mystic take back over now." Versa said as she closed her eyes and her hair turned back to brown. Mystic opened her eyes and they were blue. She smiled at everyone as they just stared at her in awe.

"So cool~" Natsu cheered.

"Anyway, so you've met two of the guardians, but we have one more here with us. Aether, guardian of elements. She is the one who taught Mystic element magic." Sy continued.

"Where is she? I wanted to talk to her about my air element." Mystic asked.

"Well, she's actually resting. She was helping me with some more experiments for some new gadgets." Sy said, rising from her chair. "Now, would we be able to get in contact with Alkawn? I'd like to give him his GPP."

"GPP?" Mystic asked.

"Guardian Presence Protector," Sy said grabbing the device off her workstation.

"Oh right," Mystic says as she turns to Lucy. "Lucy, could you call Loke?"

"Of course!" She replies as she grabs a golden key. "Open! Gate of the Lion, Leo!"

A clock chimed sounded and there was a flash of yellow summoning the spirit to the middle of the room.

"Hello again Ms. Mystic. And who is this lovely lady?" He said moving over towards Sy, but she raised a hand to stop him in his tracks, giving him a soft smile.

"Call me Sy, now are you able to take items back to the celestial world with you? I'd like you to take this and give it to Alkawn before you bring him into this world. It will hide his presence so there won't be a way to track him here."

"Of course, I can do that now." He says as he grabs the item from Sy's hand before disappearing.

"Well then, while we wait, does anyone have any other questions?" Sy asks moving back to her desk.

Natsu raised his hand "Yeah, so is your name actually Bob or do you have a fancy guardian name like the others?" He asked Bob.