☯....29....☯

JUNGKOOK POV

Tae was working hard. Focused on everything...

It was lunchtime, but he did not stop working...

I got up from my chair and got out of my office. Tae didn't even notice my presence. I called his name "Tae."

No response.
Tae was so focused. I again said

"Taehyung."

he looked up at me and got up from his seat. he looked at his watch and said:

"I'll get your lunch."

I stopped him and said

" No, I wasn't here to tell you to get lunch for me.....l was..... gonna ask you."

I asked, "Do you wanna have lunch with me?"

Tae looked at me, eyes opened wide. Like I asked him something uncomfortable...

Well, he must be, because of
me.

I said, "It's okay if you don't wan../"

before I could finish, he responded: "I'd love to."

My heart did this weird dance that I couldn't stop a smile spreading on my face. I cleared my throat and said

 I cleared my throat and said

"I'll be out in 2. Wait for me." he
nodded...

I came out and he was waiting for me by the elevator. Fidgeting with him fingers.

I asked "ready?"
he nodded.

Why wasn't he saying
anything?

I turned the keys in the ignition and the engine started. I asked,

" Anything particular you're craving for?"

Tae just shrugged and shook his head.
As I drove, he kept looking out the window. His body was stuck to the car door...

Tae wasn't even sitting in his seat properly. he was on the edge. The signal turned red and I stopped the car...

As I saw pedestrians past us, I asked: "You'd like to eat Chinese food?" he shrugged.

"What about Italian?"

he shrugged again. The signal turned green and I drove. I again asked, "What about burgers?"

he took a moment before shrugging again...

I smiled to myself and drove to the fast food. I parked the car and he was the first one to get out and walk inside...

Something is wrong and I knew it. And I'm sure that it's about what happened last night...

I reached inside and Tae was already standing in the line...