Greed

To escape the pursuit of the special agent, the cyborg that was chasing them, they both ran for what seemed to be hours, and was probably just around half one.

Even then, it was still enough for both Erica and Tyler, hidden behind trash cans, to be completly out of breath.

"Hehe, it was a nice footing, wasn't it?" Erica asked jokingly. "For a drunkard, you sure are in good shape"

Tyler, beside her, grumbled and gave her a light push to show his dissatisfaction.

"Yeah, yeah, people often tell me that, y'all don't understand that I need to be in good shape to run after stealing stuff" he replied.

"Stealing stuff? Hehe, what a mean guy I fell on" Erica said, giving a quick glance at the main street to make sure the cyborg didn't catch up to them. "By the way, I think he lost us, so we should be safe for now"

"Wow, being safe, my favorite thing in the world..." Tyler ironised as he took a small flask out of his pocket and took a few sips before putting it back. "... right after that".

"You know, I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing to always have alcohol on you"

"Hey, at least I don't have a gun hidden on me like you"

Erica took some seconds to proceed the information before verifying her jacket's left pocket. Realizing it was empty, she quickly turned toward Tyler, only to see him pointing her own firearm right at her.

Instead of looking scared, Erica simply raised an eyebrow, showing some surprise:

"When did you manage to steal it?" she asked.

"Some seconds after sitting, when we were out of breath, it was the best time to take this pretty toy while you were focused on your lungs" Tyler replied while still pointing it at her.

"Hehe, as expected of the 'famous' thief of sector V, I didn't even feel a scratch. They'll definitly welcome you with open arms once I bring you there"

Tyler furrowed his brows and strengthened his grip on the weapon:

"Ok, I don't know who the fuck are 'they' or where the fuck is 'there' but what I know is that I definitly won't go with you crazy bitch." he said. "Now, here what's gonna happen: I'm gonna shout your leg, and then, while you're unable to run like you've been doing and forcing me to do for the past thirty minutes, I'll bring you to the special agent. Then, I'll be able to get away and get back my life as if nothing happened, probably with some nice money as a bonus for capturing a wanted criminal"

"Wanted criminal? Oh, how cruel of you" Erica said comically, as if playing a role. "Robbing a lady's property, menacing to shoot her and slandering her by calling her a wanted criminal... aren't you ashamed? Weren't you a gentleman?"

"Hey, I am a gentleman, do you have any idea what would another drunkard of sector V do to a pretty lady that's defenseless and not protected by law before handing her over?"

"Hmm, I see... so you think I'm pretty?"

"That's what you keep from it? Seriously? You-"

All of a sudden, Tyler's viewand hearing abruptly stopped working, and right after, he felt a great pain in his head as something he guessed to be a shoe crashed on his forehead.

"Ouch!" he said, falling on his back as his view and hearing came bback as suddenly as they disappear.

Of course, the gun he was counting on was now in the slightly pale hands of Erica, who was smiling smugly at him:

"Let me give you an advice: if someone is chased by a special agent, shoot first and talk after" she said "Because even if they're not a mutant, which I am, there's a ninety percent probability they're a dangerous person that can kill you in less than ten second"