Battle of the demigods 2

Was that even reality anymore? Had the real world been replaced by a nightmare? Nearly everyone on Londris was wondering, but none truly had the answer. Only one thing was certain: this planet that was originally supposed to be a touristic heaven had now turned to hell!

"Go on, Saginus, move faster! Explosions are coming your way, you know?" Cain shouted.

All over the planet, more and more nuclear explosions were turning everything to ruins. Cain and Saginus were quick to teleport all across the globe, playing a deadly cat and mouse.

'That's why I hate fighting demigods' Cain sighed internally.

To begin with, if they could teleport like this, it was due to the Sacred Fields. Angels and Great Sins both had authority over a certain aspect of the world, one that existed everywhere. Thus, they could use their Sacred Field as a gate to transport to any location where these aspect existed.

Actually, rather than teleportation, it was closer to a four-dimensionnal deplacement, some kind of transwalking to bypass the distance between two points in space. Naturally, when the Sacred Fields were deployed over Londris, it was far easier to navigate through the entire planet.

The inconvenient, however, was that transwalking away from the planet became impossible as long as the Sacred Field was activated. In other words, there was no escaping this fight.

Cain managed to transwalk next to Saginus fast enough to outspeed the latter: before the Sin of Greed could escape, Cain plunged his black lustered cane, its end suddenly turned in a sharp spike, right through Saginus' neck.

"That's it? It's really ending like this?" Cain asked, more skeptical than anything else.

But right after, the cane disappeared, with the injury, and Saginus once again got back up unscattered:

"Of course it won't, you-" Saginus started, before interrupting seeing that Cain had transwalked away, leaving another nuclear core behind him. "- little bastard"

Another nuclear explosion, another city erased from the map. From a nearby city, Cain was patiently waiting, all while attentively observing the people around.

'Wow, that guy's actually worse than the devil' he thought, looking at the city below.

They seemed to have been stripped from any bit of reason they originally had. Everyone was either hiding, running away, but mostly fighting each other to death, independantly of the age and genre. Saginus had obviously altered their mind, most likely plunged them in some sort of nightmare where they were still awake but perceived reality differently. How many of these people had already started killing each other with their close ones?

Moreover, the few who seemed to realize what was happening immediately disappeared, leaving no trace behind as if they never existed in the first place

'Hey, I wonder what would happen if I made baguettes and tea cups appear in their hands, would they think these are swords and shields?' the magician wondered. "Anyway, it shouldn't be too long left. He should arrive there in three, two, one...'

And indeed, at this exact moment, Saginus arrived, his calcinated body quickly coming back to its normal state:

"I'm getting tired of having to do that, you may have not realized it but it really hurts" he said as even the pearls in his hair were back to their intact state.

"Then don't do that and let yourself die" the magician replied. "Though honestly, I don't get tired of seeing you doing that, it's really interesting to see, honestly a lot more than Yoria who dies and then just come back alive"