SEVENTY EIGHT

"Who shot me? But ya punks didn't finish
Now ya 'bout to feel the wrath of a menace"

_________________________

GABRIELA

"Ariel let your daughter go... she didn't do anything" Gabriela said and Ariel wouldn't budge, she just looked around in tears.

"Funny how you care of a sudden, I have no intentions of hurting my own fucking daughter but it hurts to be betrayed by your own family, after all I did for you guys... and this is how I get treated, you killed my fucking husband" Ariel shouted in anger as tears began to fall down her face, her hand shaking by the minute.

"I really don't give a shit about anything anymore, he was someone that kept my sanity sane and you took him away from me! As they say... eye for an eye right, my husband didn't have the fucking balls to do this months ago but now I don't give a fuck!" She roughly pushed Aubrey to the floor will wiping her tears I held the gun tight bringing it up slowly until Ariel looked at me and I froze.

Ariel smiled wickedly pointed gun, her finger pressed against the trinket and in slow motion I watched the scene unfold in front of me. Jennie jumped in front of Gaby knocking her down to the floor right before Ariel fired the first shot putting a whole into the wall behind them. I gulped watching Jennie jump up quickly tackling Ariel for the gun and I trained my gun on them trying to find chance to fire at Ariel but Jennie was in the way. Gaby stood up yelling for Jennie to get off but she wasn't listening, as she fought for the gun.

Another shot rang out and both women on the floor froze, I felt my heart stop as I watched Jennie stand up with blood seeping through her shirt. She looked over at Gaby and smiled before collapsing onto the floor, Gaby yelled in horror as Ariel watched them and I pointed the gun at her watching the smile on her face grow wider.

"Not who I was intending on killing but it will do for now" The door behind her opened and my men grabbed her arms quickly before she can shoot again and I watched as she thrashed against them trying to free herself from their grasp. I looked down at the pool of blood surrounding Jennie and I walked over to her trying to find where she was bleeding, unfortunately it was too much blood and Jennie winced while crying and I looked at her watching as she gave me a small smile.

"Jayden call an ambulance!" I yelled pulling him out of his frozen state and in tears he quickly went inside the kitchen with Ava calling them.

"Jennie-" Gabriela fell onto her knees, Jennie looked over at her touching her stomach and she took a deep breath sounding croaked.

"Why would you do that?" Gaby questioned her best friend and I look down at Jennie who was trying to speak but Gaby shushed her before she can answer.

GABRIELA

"Jennie why would jump in front of me?" I looked around trying to see where the blood was coming from but there was too much to know. I look down at my stomach seeing my shirt sticking to my stomach because of her blood.

"B-because you have kids and a husband... I wasn't g-going to let Ariel try and take you away from them knowing how much those kids adore you... a-and Gabriela loves you" Jennie said and I closed my eyes letting the tears run down my cheek as I stared at my best friend who was looking around and taking in croaked sighs.

"Did you even think about yourself? And how much you mean to me, the kids love you so much... I'm your best friend Jennie. Why did you fucking do that!" Gabriel stood up abruptly scaring me slightly and I looked at him through my tears.

"The ambulance is coming, baby do not move Jennie" He said and I nodded my head looking back at my best friend.

"The kids" He said walking away leaving me be and I stayed silent not focusing on anything else.