FORTY THREE

"This kinda love dangerous when there's nothing else to lose
So don't make me wild out (let's ride)"
__________________________

AUBREY

"Since you know Gaby better than me... how should I decorate her baby shower?" I looked up from my phone seeing dad staring at his computer intensely. I knew my he was stressed out with the guy Chase and all that stuff but I really wanted to get started on buying the decorations for the baby shower.

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair then looked up at me exhausted with heavy eye bags.

"Aubrey honey you know that Gabriela would like anything from you kids... she really does like everything" He said rubbing his temple and I nod my head.

"Alright I just wanted your input on this mr cranky pants. You and Gaby need to go on a vacation... or out this house in general"

"I'm not traveling when she's pregnant... this is the reason why I'm working from home so I can be here if anything happens... and for you guys too. Gaby can't do a lot of things now that's she's five months pregnant" He said and I roll my eyes.

"You act like Jayden and I aren't here.. I mean if anything does happen I can drive her to the hospital" I got off his desk and wrote down some themes for the baby shower on a random post it.

"When is Gaby's appointment to find out the genders?"  I say getting ready to write down the date so I know when to go with my dad and Gaby.

"It's next week Monday Aub.. I need to do work so can you please go plan the baby shower somewhere else... also tell your brother I said to get started on his cooking assignments" I walked out the office and quickly opened his room door scaring Jayden who was playing call of duty.

"Have you ever heard of fucking knocking? Damn Aubrey get out of my room" He yelled at me and I scoffed.

"Dad said that you need to do your homework for cooking or else" I said and he threw his headset on the floor when he died.

"Fine" I go to my room and place down the list of decorations on my bed. I grabbed my computer from my nightstand and open up Amazon. I put things for her baby shower in the cart and close the computer when I finished.

I leave my room seeing that dad's office light was still on, I walked downstairs seeing Gaby was currently snacking on her fifth craving this week that was pickles. I sit down next to her seeing her rubbing her belly with lotion with her free hand while the other was holding a big ass pickle.

"Hey Gaby" I say and she looks over at me with her tired eyes, her hair pulled up in a messy bun. She smiled tiredly and looked back at the tv that was playing Gordon Ramsay's show.

"I think you should take a nap... you look exhausted" I grabbed the lotion from the coffee table and helped her rub the cream on her stomach and she thanks me by letting me take a bite of the pickle.

"I tried to earlier but I feel weird... it feels like butterflies and your dad tried to cuddle with me until I fell asleep but he had to do some work" I hear the sadness in her voice and I smile at her cuteness.

"I can't believe your five months already"

"Me too... and my due date is somewhere at the end of December or the beginning of January..."

"My dad's and my birthday is coming.. that would be a lot of money you guys would waste in December, because of Christmas too" Before Gaby speaks up I felt something I gasped when I feel something flutter in her stomach, we both looked at each other and I saw the small smile on her lips.