14

Thankfully there were no further interruptions from Min-kyu after Niki threw him out, I lay on my bed, scrolling aimlessly on my phone until I recalled that he actually gave me his number.

I went onto the contact he saved himself as.

Wow. So vague, this is so him.

It wasn't even his name, or some narcissistic nickname saved. 

All he saved himself as was simply, 'N'.

Jesus, are surgeons always this entitled and annoying? I don't think I have ever met such a guy with an icy personality like his before.

But, for some odd reason, I did find myself with a smile just looking at his saved contact in my phone. It was such a bizarre feeling, however, the smiles all disappeared as numerous notifications came from the top of my phone.

All from Min-kyu.

min: are you seriously choosing that guy over me? seriously?

min: tf is wrong with you

min: i cant believe i dated a whore for so long

min: how many other guys did you date when i was out of the country lol

Oh my god, all his text messages that just came one after another from the top of my screen just made me roll my eyes even further each second. His words were so stupid, he had no thought in them and I just couldn't be bothered dealing with him now.

I simply swiped the notifications up, getting rid of every oncoming text message.

But accidentally, as I was about to swipe one of the notifications up, I hit the facetime button on Niki's contact.

I panicked, hurriedly tapping my phone like there's no tomorrow and ending the facetime call in nanoseconds.

I placed my phone flat on the duvet for a while, hands on either side of my face as I just froze - completely unsure of what to do. Do I message him back saying it was an accident? Do I play it off as if nothing happened? Do I just get a new phone?

I think I sat there for about five minutes, just reconsidering my entire life. Damn it, why do I always end up in these awkward situations.

The screen of my phone lit up all of a sudden, and I hesitated to even pick up my phone, just in case I fuck something up again and somehow end up confessing my love to twenty different contacts.

To my surprise, Niki had called me back. My heart spiked up, beating twice as fast as I picked my phone up, unsure of whether I should even pick it up.

I felt sick, and not even in a remotely bad way, but I just felt embarrassed. Being around this guy made me quite nervous, his persona is really intimidating sometimes.

I covered my mouth with my hand, giving a large groan and then taking a quick inhale before accepting the call as if I wasn't losing my mind over this right now.

I cleared my throat, pretending as if I was keeping everything cool back over here.

"What's up, what's with the call?" He started first, his voice actually sounded a little less cold right now.

"Sorry, it was an accident, I didn't mean to." I told him, if you could see my face right now, oh my god. I was in just pure embarrassment and I wish I could just erase time.

"Mm, called me on accident? You sure you just didn't wanna hear my voice?" He gave a low chuckle, being so jokingly narcissistic right now.

"Just how self-centred are you? I'm hanging up, bye." I abruptly ended the call, taking in a few good, deep breaths in after that.

I raised the palm of my hand to my chest, just feeling the echoing beating of my heart in my chest. I don't know why interacting with this guy gave me such a hard time, one more conversation with him would probably send me into cardiac arrest.

Another text from Min-kyu settled my heart beat back to it's normal. Matter of fact, he annoyed me so much that I even resorted to petty levels of changing his contact name back to his full name.

min-kyu: wyd tomorrow

min-kyu: lets taallkkkkkk

I gave a huge, disappointed sigh, finding the strength to even text him back. I don't understand what he didn't get.

mei: no thanks 

mei: im breaking up with you min-kyu

I shut my phone off immediately after sending that message, I know he just wouldn't be happy seeing that. But do I care right now? No.

I received another text, but this time not from Min-kyu, instead the manager of one of the largest art showcases in Korea.

kim.sihyun: Hello Hirata, I have heard a lot about your works and seen a lot of your paintings, we have a huge event three days from now, and having at least one of your paintings here would be a privilege. I understand you do not show your identity, so if you do accept this proposal, It would be greatly appreciated if you could get a spokesperson to represent you.

I sat up in an instant, eyes wide open and in awe of the proposal I had just been offered.