28

A FEW HOURS LATER - 6:34AM

After having such a comfortable sleep, and one that was actually sufficiently long enough, I woke up rather rested and completely feeling newborn.

I sat up, the sun was just rising and I could see it through the blinds. I looked around, what the hell did I get myself into last night?

I found myself familiar with the room in an almost instant, but just where was the guy who was supposed to be sleeping in here.

I wasn't panicked, well, I guess I was, but not as much as I should be. At this point, there's nothing more I could do to embarrass myself in front of Niki, so I may as well just not even bother being awkward.

I stood up from the bed, heading out of the room and walking down to the first floor, walking around the barely illuminated rooms.

I found myself in the kitchen, still, nobody. What? Was nobody home? Did everybody leave?

Unsure of what to do, I just walked around the house a little, maybe I'd run into Sunoo or something. And after not being able to find anybody, I retreat back into Niki's room, where there was actually someone present now.

He turned to look at me, and to my surprise, he was dressed in his scrubs, looking like he was about to go to work.

"Are you okay?" Was the first thing he asked me, but I could only focus on how good looking he looked in his uniform. Literally why did uniforms make men look so much hotter.

"Uh - well, yeah.. did you sleep..? Sorry." Okay, now I felt awkward as he gave a small giggle, looking at me. He approached me gingerly, looking all over my face, and then proceeding to tuck a strand of hair back.

"Don't worry about me, I'm just glad that you didn't end up in the hands of someone else." Niki was being oddly romantic in the early morning, it almost made me freak out, because what is going on right now?

My heart genuinely was spiraling out of control, and if he continued with sweet words like this, I think the person he'd be operating on today, would be me.

".. Are you going to work now..?" I was a little stunned for words, so I decided to play it safe and just ask him basic questions.

"Mhm, It's a quick operation, I'll probably be home sometime in the afternoon. Don't miss me too much." Niki had a slight rasp to his voice, and damn, I have no idea what came over him today but he was being waaaayy too flirty.

Was I complaining? No, not really.

"Yeah, okay, sure, whatever you say." I rolled my eyes as he gave a chuckle, heading for the door. He stopped before leaving, looking at me.

"You can stay here if you want, it's up to you." A light smile crossed his face, he then, proceeded to shut the door, leaving his room and heading out of the door.

Damn, what am I exactly supposed to do now that he's gone. It felt weird though, as if he completely changed overnight, and I couldn't really decipher whether this was a good thing or not.

Nonetheless, I wasn't quite sure what to do, I was basically locked out of my house until I found my keys, and I'm pretty convinced I had them with me.

I sighed, sitting on the edge of Niki's bed, just waiting for time to hurry and pass, maybe I should just sleep half the day off.

And that was exactly what I did. I spared no second, and used all this time to my advantage to catch up to all the missed sleep I suffered.

EIGHT HOURS LATER - 3:45PM

I woke up with somebody talking on the phone to another person. I slightly kept my eyes open, but closed at the same time.

It seemed as if Niki had came back from work, and he was talking to someone.

"Listen Boyoung, I would appreciate it if I could tag my friend along too, I'll invite Mei as well, I just believe it'd be better if there were more of us." Niki seemed to be speaking to my assistant, again.

I wish I knew what she was saying, I was the epitome of curious.

"Just let me know, I'll reply later. I'm busy. Bye." He ended the call abruptly, followed by a large sigh.

He turned around to face me, and then suddenly took his shirt off, heading towards his closet and disappearing for a little while.

I sat up, feeling that same nervous feeling as usual. Niki came back into the room, astounded to see I was awake.

"Damn, I thought you were dead, you've slept for so long today." Niki smiled, sitting on the side of the bed and looking at me, he suddenly pulled out my house keys from his pocket, "In my car, I can't tell if you do these things on purpose or not."

I looked at him, a small smirk on my face, maybe I should decide to match the energy a little today.

"Maybe I do." I shrugged, being vague.