chapter 2 - Gojo's Promise

Did Sukuna hate Gojo? No, not really. If Sukuna really hated the teen, he would’ve smashed more than just his balls. Annoying, yes, but not enough to make Sukuna want him dead. During the week, Sukuna was actually quite entertained. Besides being amused by the nutshots, Sukuna thought it was funny that Six Eyes was so desperate for his attention.

So when Gojo was being genuine for once and asked for a chance, Sukuna stared for a moment before nodding begrudgingly.

Gojo’s face lit up. Yes! He is willing to give me a chance! Wooo! Gojo was celebrating internally. And Gojo thought that tiny nod from Sukuna was adorable. Gojo now cupped Sukuna’s face with both hands, “You are way cuter than I expected.”

Sukuna hated that he felt his face got even warmer. He growled, “Get your hands off my face or I’ll slice them off.”

Gojo backed off and put up his hands after hearing the threat.

“Woaaaahh~ Relax,”  Gojo was back to his previous teasing manner. “So grumpy.”

Sukuna almost immediately regretted giving the idiot a chance. Sukuna lay back down on his favourite spot on the snow. He decided to stare at the night sky instead. Out of sight, out of mind.

“Sukuna~”

Out of sight, yes, but sadly not out of mind.

Gojo sat on the snow two feet away from Sukuna. He saw that Sukuna’s face was still a bit red from earlier.

Gojo smirked playfully, “You're still blushing.”

Sukuna knew that and refused to admit it. He continued looking at the stars above.

Gojo chuckled, not caring that Sukuna had ignored him. Gojo had been getting the silent treatment from Sukuna for days after all. Gojo was used to this. At least Sukuna let Gojo stay this time. Gojo continued with the one-sided conversation.

“Are you embarrassed, Sukuna?” Then Gojo stared at the beautiful snowflakes falling around them and asked softly, “What do you think of the snowy weather?”

“No. Bearable.”

Did Sukuna actually- Gojo quickly turned to look at Sukuna and saw Sukuna’s eyes were now on him. It seemed when Sukuna had nodded, it meant Sukuna would actually listen and engage in conversations too. Gojo smiled brightly at Sukuna. 

Gojo felt encouraged to flirt even more. So Gojo suddenly changed the topic, “You know? I really think you look good, Sukuna.”

Gojo leaned down next to Sukuna’s ear and whispered, “And I love it when you look so serious.”

When Gojo saw the tips of Sukuna’s ears turn pink, Gojo sat up with a smug grin. Then Gojo caressed Sukuna's hair with his right hand. Sukuna stiffened and considered smacking away the hand, but he slowly relaxed under Gojo's comfortable touch. 

Sukuna let out a small huff in disbelief, "You think I look good? People run away at the sight of my face."

Gojo leaned over and said softly, “Your face is not scary to me, Sukuna. I feel my heart beat faster when I see you.”

When Gojo got closer again, Sukuna finally paid attention enough to notice Gojo actually looked really beautiful, even with a blindfold on. Hearing Gojo's opinion on his face, Sukuna blushed and looked away.

Gojo was making Sukuna blush an awful lot today. Gojo was on a roll.

Gojo chuckled and teased. “Oh, you seem to have difficulty breathing. I can help with that.”

Gojo softly traced Sukuna's lips with his index finger. Under Sukuna’s incredulous gaze, Gojo leaned in closer and closer and closer-

Sukuna’s blush intensified and pushed Gojo away, "What the fuck?!"

Gojo looked at Sukuna with a pout. But Gojo saw Sukuna’s guarded expression and realized he seemed to have gone too far this time.  

Gojo sighed and sat back to his original place on the snow, giving Sukuna some space. He spoke to Sukuna quietly, “I’m sorry.”

Gojo looked at the snow with his head down.

Sukuna saw Gojo seem regretful and he rolled his eyes. Sukuna pulled Gojo down to lie next to him on the snow. He immediately let go of Gojo’s arm afterwards.

Sukuna glanced at Gojo and muttered, "dumbass."

Gojo was surprised as his back hit the snow. Is this Sukuna’s way of telling me he’s not mad at me? Gojo turned to Sukuna with a sincere smile, “So you do have a softer side, Sukuna.”

_

__

It was quiet for a while. Gojo was just happy being with Sukuna. And Sukuna was looking at the big full moon in the sky.

Sukuna could feel Gojo's eyes on him but he wouldn't turn to look. Sukuna was deep in thought. Sukuna didn't understand why Gojo was still here. Why did Gojo want to get to know him? Why didn’t Gojo leave, like everyone of humanity that had abandoned Sukuna? Sukuna didn't understand.

Gojo noticed Sukuna didn't speak at all. As if being able to read Sukuna’s mind, Gojo said softly, “Hey, I know that you probably feel confused.”

“Well, let me tell you this, Sukuna. Even if the world abandons you, I won't let that happen. I am the one that will stay with you, no matter what.”

No one had ever said anything like that to Sukuna. Those words made Sukuna feel uncomfortable, but not in a bad way. Sukuna glanced at Gojo and saw Gojo's gentle smile. A gentle smile that was directed at him. Another sight that Sukuna didn't normally see. Everyone showed disgust when facing Sukuna, but never a smile like that. 

Sukuna turned to look at the sky again and said, "You are a fool, Six Eyes. Making promises you won't keep."

Gojo replied confidently, “I always keep my promises, Sukuna.”

“I am the strongest after all.”

Author's note:

Gojo is trying his best.