chapter 29 - Monsters

During these few months, the Gojo Clan seemed peaceful, even more so than before when Gojo had stopped pranking the clan members so much. Gojo spent a lot of time outside the clan doing god-knows-what. The clan members knew Gojo clearly wasn't doing his missions every time he went out. They didn't care. As long as their pride and joy wasn't pulling some bullshit that'll harm the clan or himself, they were fine with it.

However, unknowst to the younger members of the clan, the politics within the clan had gotten messier. More attempts from other clan members had been made to challenge Haruto's position as the Head of the Gojo Clan.

This internal conflict had started since the moment Haruto was chosen to be the new Head. Grandpa had to pass down his position as the Head to one of his sons. Grandpa's first born son, father of Gojo Satoru, was supposed to be the new Head of Gojo Clan. However, he and his wife were killed by a curse user with cursed spirit manipulation. Grandpa's second born, Gojo Haruto was later chosen by Grandpa to be the new Head.

Many disagreed.

The sorcerer world respected power. Only the strongest deserved the highest status. After that incident, Haruto's curse technique was severely weakened due to a Binding Vow. Haruto couldn't use his mind control curse technique on sorcerers of sorcerer clans. Haruto's other curse techniques only caused minor hypnosis or illusions. Those attacks couldn't deal physical damage. Haruto had turned from one of the strongest to one of the weakest sorcerers since that day. Sorcerers looked down on him and believed he didn't deserve to be the Head of Gojo Clan.

Hrauto had proven himself to be capable of dealing with clan matters. But The conflict had only truly resolved for a while when Haruto managed to prove himself by killing the special grade curse user that had the cursed spirit manipulation technique and avenged Gojo Satoru's parents. That time Gojo Satoru was still a baby.

The clan members could see Haruto could be efficient in handling problems. They slowly recognized him. But his reputation hasn't been very good lately.

The clan members would say subtle jabs at Haruto's incompetence. It was always the same things over again. Since Gojo was raised by Haruto, his uncontrollable and chaotic behavior reflected badly on Haruto. Then Haruto somehow accidentally released the King of Curses moments after capturing him. Haruto's ward, Gojo, also refused to get married. That meant Haruto wouldn't have an heir after Gojo Satoru.

Haruto was so done with this. It made him wonder why he bothered to become the Head of Gojo Clan in the first place. He had been so young and stupid...

After another tedious clan meeting, Haruto went back to the Dungeons to tinker with a dagger cursed tool he had been working on. He finally had some peace and quiet-

"I need more resources."

Haruto sighed as he continued to work on his dagger, "Kenjaku, I had given you twenty humans. You're already done with them?"

Kenjaku got into their lab and took his seat next to Haruto, placing a box and a scroll on the desk, "They all died too soon."

"That's your problem."

"I know. So I don't want humans this time."

"I won't agree to bring you Satoru's cat-"

"Haha, no. I want cursed spirits."

Haruto was alarmed when he heard this. Kenjaku knew smuggling cursed spirits into a clan full of sorcerers wasn't clever. He wouldn't request something like this, unless...

Haruto didn't show his true thoughts and replied, "You know cursed spirits are too uncontrollable. My clan members can sense their curse energy. It'll be a hassle if they find out."