chapter 12 - Exist For You

The sunset lit up the sky in a warm, shimmering glow, casting the landscape in a golden hue. Two young lovers sat together in the warm breeze, with their eyes closed and their foreheads touching, reveling in the beauty of the sunset and their love for one another. It was a peaceful scene, filled with tenderness and a sense of contentment.

To add to this beautiful moment, a light blue glow once again appeared on Gojo as his domain began to awaken. Sukuna felt the shift of curse energy in the air and leaned back in surprise. The strong curse energy from Gojo caused Sukuna's own curse energy to hum in response. Sukuna's curse energy had never reacted by itself like that. But Sukuna was too captivated by the sight of his boyfriend having a breakthrough to care.

Gojo was controlling his surge of curse energy and processing the new information of his domain with his eyes still closed. The soft shimmering blue glow around Gojo made him look divine under the sunset. Yet beneath the gentle blue was a flood of destructive curse energy carefully concealed.

Sukuna looked at Gojo with adoration. Gojo had always been absolutely beautiful and the deadliness within was even more attractive to Sukuna. Gojo was heavenly and dangerous, like a god among mortals.

Sukuna didn't believe in gods. If gods existed, it would be them. Sukuna would stand by Gojo's side and they would be gods together in this pathetic world. Sukuna had stopped killing for Gojo. But if anyone tried to hurt Gojo, Sukuna would make them regret ever being born. When it came to it, Sukuna would burn the world for Gojo without hesitation.

Sukuna would sacrifice anything for Gojo, the only 'god' he believed in.

Sukuna's curse energy shuttered and pulsed. A dark blue glow of curse energy began to flow around Sukuna. Sukuna immediately got a hold of his curse energy before it disrupted Gojo's concentration. The name Malevolent Shrine echoed in his head. Sukuna was astounded. He was awakening his domain with Gojo at the same time!

Sorcerers usually awakened their domains during life-threatening situations. Curse energy was fueled by emotions, especially negative emotions. However, Gojo and Sukuna were able to gain their domains in a way which was unheard of. Gojo and Sukuna being the strongest people there was, 'usual' didn't apply to them. Love was one of the strongest emotions. Their love for each other overrode the usual rules of jujutsu.

The sky was now dark. Sukuna managed to settle his curse energy down completely just in time after awakening his domain when Gojo opened his eyes. Gojo looked at Sukuna excitedly, "Sukuna! I have my own domain now!"

Sukuna gave a simple but genuine reply, "Good."

Gojo preened at the praise. Any praise from Sukuna could easily make him happy, no matter how small it was. He asked, "Do you want to see it?" Gojo was so eager about it that he didn't notice the difference in Sukuna's curse energy.

Of course the first thing Gojo wanted to do after getting his domain was to show it off to Sukuna. Expecting the upcoming teleportation, Sukuna took Gojo's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, "Show me."

Gojo's eyes gleamed with glee. Gojo quickly teleported them to a clear open area, one of their favourite stargazing spots. They landed at the top of the mountain under the night sky, welcomed by a crisp breeze. The stars above glittered brightly, illuminating the mountains in a soft, tranquil light.

Gojo was determined to impress Sukuna with his domain. He shuffled to get to a better stance. He kept on holding onto Sukuna to make sure his domain wouldn't target Sukuna later. Gojo raised his left hand, crossing his index and middle finger, "Domain Expansion: Infinite Void."

The space around them cracked and twisted. Though, it was actually just Gojo being extra dramatic with the effects. A blinding white light caused Sukuna to squint for a second. When Sukuna opened his eyes again, their surroundings had already changed. Spectrums of light flowed from around the black hole of the centre of the domain, softly brightening the darkness with a sense of mystical and enchanting aura.