chapter 17: A Wild Uraume Appeared

One month had passed peacefully after the incident of Sukuna's capture. Sorcerers had heard about the battle from the Inumaki Clan. They were terrified when they heard Sukuna had killed hundreds of grade 1 sorcerers and 15 special grades. They were even more mortified when they heard that the Gojo Clan had accidentally let Sukuna out after capturing. They didn't understand how the Gojo Clan could make such a horrible mistake. Most sorcerers knew Sukuna were around that area and they avoided it like a plague. The sorcerers didn't want to end up dead like those hundreds of sorcerers.

Sukuna and Gojo didn't care that the sorcerer world was losing their minds over Sukuna being free. They returned to their normal routine of meeting every day. Gojo still brought tiny gifts for Sukuna sometimes. Sukuna would place the cute, gifted decorations on his shelves. They continued their gardening in the backyard. Then they would cuddle and star-gaze as Gojo kept on spilling gossip.

What had been different from usual was that they would have weekly training sessions together and would spend more time in their domains since their domain awakening. Gojo would let out Infinite Void for Sukuna anytime, and Sukuna would release Malevolent Shrine for Gojo whenever he wanted to play with snow. Gojo also never got tired of his favorite mochi and Sukuna was more than happy to make it with him.

It was near summer time. The weather was getting warmer. Gojo always wanted to eat fruits when he came over. So Sukuna was preparing the fruit platter for Gojo in the front yard. Sukuna had made apple and grape mixed juice with a little bit of sudachi juice added.

As Sukuna was placing the sliced apples on the platter, he heard faint sounds of footsteps. Sukuna had thought it was Gojo for a second but he quickly realized the footsteps sounded different. Gojo's footsteps were quicker and louder as Gojo wanted to meet Sukuna as soon as possible and he wanted to let Sukuna clearly hear his presence. But the footsteps Sukuna heard now were calm, slow and light.

Other than Gojo and Haruto, who in their right minds would dare come near this area? Sukuna looked to see who was approaching. A young androgynous white-haired teen with a bag slung over his shoulder in gray robes slowly walked out of the woods.

Before Sukuna could question them, the teen suddenly did a dogeza in front of him, kneeling on the ground on both knees and bowing with their head touching their hands placed on the ground. "Sukuna-sama, please allow me to serve you."

There had been rare moments when sorcerers had wanted to serve him because those fools thought they could gain protection from him. Every sorcerer with a brain should know Sukuna hated weaklings. And those sorcerers wanted protection? Absolutely pathetic and foolish. Those sorcerers died a swift death. Sukuna didn't want to waste time on those idiots. But none of those sorcerers had been as calm and respectful as this young teen. Sukuna's urge to kill wasn't even there. It was unusual and Sukuna's was slightly intrigued.

Sukuna stared down at them, "Why?"

The teen didn't look up from the ground. They said, "My owner was slain by your hand during the battle a month ago. Now I belong to you."

Sukuna knew about this kind of servant. Children of that mysterious nameless organization would be trained to be servants and be sold to other sorcerers. The only meaning of their life was to serve. Powerful ones with potential would be sold to the higher class of society. They would follow every command from their master. But they were known to be cold. They usually wouldn't form emotional attachments to their masters they were sold to. They only serve as a loyal servant because that was their only purpose in life. When the master they were assigned to was dead, they would either kill themselves or find another person they believed worthy of their service. In this case, the teen chose the latter.