chapter 10 - I Hate Moral Arguments

Author's note:

Here is Gojo's pov throughout the years.

~~~

The elders had always been talking about Sukuna. When Gojo was six years old, they said a nameless kid with four arms and four eyes had massacred a whole village and managed to kill a grade 2 sorcerer. From then on, Gojo would hear about that kid whenever Gojo had eavesdropped on his uncle's meetings with the higher-ups. Gojo had been intrigued by the appearance of another powerful individual, who managed to get the elders' attention away from his Six Eyes and Limitless . But at that age, Gojo still was mature enough to understand how messed up it was. A literal child had murdered a whole village of people.

However, the elders didn't care about that. The elders were in awe about how magnificent that the child managed to take down a grade 2 sorcerer. They had said the kid was a prodigy. The kid would be valuable to the sorcerer society and should be recruited at all cost. Gojo knew they just saw that child as a tool. Whoever managed to get the 'prodigy child' to work under them would likely have one of the highest powers and status in the sorcerer world and be at the top of the hierarchy.

Rotten old geezers.

The sorcerer society had an unspoken rule of only teaching jujutsu to members of their own clan. There were no schools for jujutsu sorcerers. Therefore, there was no way for gifted people born in non-sorcerer families to learn jujutsu. Those gifted could only learn about the jujutsu world by chance on their own. They were generally looked down on. That nameless kid became one exception. Everyone, except the Gojo Clan, sent out their representatives to convince him to join their clan. They were willing to provide resources to cultivate his talent . Most sorcerers from non-sorcerers families would've taken the chance to join a clan instantly. He wasn't most sorcerers.

Over the years, Gojo had heard about that kid killing all sorcerers who came to recruit him. It didn't matter who or what grade those sorcerers were. They all died by that child's hand. The elders started to think if they couldn't own him, he was too dangerous to exist. They said the child was a monster and a danger to humanity. They even said as a part of the sorcerer community, it was their duty to remove such uncontrollable individual to protect non-sorcerers.

The elders sent more powerful sorcerers to end the monster kid's life, instead of recruiting him. This seemed to fuel the child's hatred of humanity. It went too far. In the end, that kid had wiped out a whole clan. That news absolutely shocked the whole sorcerer world. That was the moment the kid gained a name and a title. He was Ryomen Sukuna, the King of Curses.

It was only then the elders realized Sukuna was not one to be messed with. They no longer sent sorcerers after Sukuna. They just wanted to avoid Sukuna at all costs. Gojo was just 11 years old and he was already further disgusted by the elders. Two-faced disgusting cowards.

Gojo continued to hear news about Sukuna from those meetings he eavesdropped on and sometimes directly from his uncle. It was said that Sukuna kept killing people wherever he went even though Sukuna seemed to have become indifferent towards humanity. Gojo didn't care much about Sukuna. Gojo just thought Sukuna was heartless and unhinged.

Until that fateful night.

Gojo was returning back to his clan after a mission when he saw Sukuna lying on the snow. It was alarming to see the King of Curses so near his clan. Was Sukuna planning something? Why was he there? Gojo decided to test him and saw for himself. So he made his presence known.

"Eh? So it's true. There really is a human with four arms around here."

Gojo thought he would get attacked immediately. But Sukuna just asked who he was, like any normal person would. This was not how this should go. Gojo decided to tease him more.