chapter 20 - Gojo doesn't like the surprise at all

Gojo was back to his clan from another long mission. It had been a week without seeing Sukuna while being out there killing curse spirits non-stop. He had informed Sukuna of this before leaving. He missed his pookie.

As he walked through the entrance of his clan, a servant quickly came to greet him and told him his grandpa wanted to see him in his study.

His grandpa was one of the most respected elders and, in Gojo's opinion, one of the least rotten of the elders. His grandpa had passed his position of the Head of Gojo Clan to his uncle. But he still held more power over the clan than Haruto. It was ridiculous.

Gojo tolerated his grandpa's bullshit sometimes because Grandpa was the main reason Haruto was still alive. Gojo hadn't been born when it happened but he was told the whole incident had been a big mess.

Many years ago, a couple of intelligent special grade cursed spirits was attacking the group of young powerful sorcerers from different clans including the big three families. They were assigned to this same mission to exorcize the cursed spirits. But they didn't expect there would be 5 special grade cursed spirits at once and working together against them. They thought there would only at most be two.

Even though the group of sorcerers were strong, they were young and inexperienced. They couldn't work together well enough to fight. They were panicking and were clearly at a disadvantage when the five special grade cursed spirits had immaculate cooperation.

In this dire situation to save everyone, young Haruto, who was a member of this mission, quickly used his curse technique to control their minds and bodies without warning, making them fight as one. The other sorcerers were like his puppets. Haruto could fully control them to use all their curse techniques to fight the five cursed spirits at the same time. Those sorcerers could only watch in their own minds as their bodies were taken over and moved on their own. Haruto had released them after killing the cursed spirits. But It felt very wrong, disgusting and violating. They all hated it.

The elders were informed of this after the mission, especially ones from the big three families. Instead of being grateful that Haruto saved their young heirs and descendents, they were horrified by the extent of what Haruto's curse technique could do. What originally thought of it being a power of hypnotizing was actually mind control. They could all suddenly get mind controlled by Haruto at any given moment. It was too dangerous. What if Haruto became an enemy one day? He'd be unstoppable.

To 'keep the sorcerer world safe', the elders placed a death sentence on Haruto.

The sorcerer world went nuts over it. Haruto was known to be one of the strongest special grades. He had helped kill so many cursed spirits and saved so many people at a young age. He was already chosen to be the next Head of Gojo Clan and could potentially become one of the biggest leaders of the sorcerer world in the future. It was very unfair that Haruto was given a death sentence when he did what he could to save his fellow sorcerers during a mission.

To save his son, Grandpa proposed a deal to the other elders. Haruto would make a binding vow. The conditions were 'Haruto could never use his mind control abilities on sorcerers of sorcerer clans, unless sorcerers owed Haruto a favor in a pact they had formed with him'.

Due to the controversy surrounding this issue and Grandpa being a respected figure in the sorcerer world, the elders agreed to the deal. They took down the death sentence after Haruto had made the binding vow.

As long as sorcerers weren't stupid enough to owe Haruto a favor in a pact, they would be safe from Haruto's curse technique. But Gojo Clan's casino could make most sorcerers lose their common sense. It still amazed Gojo how crazy people would get over the special grade cursed tools they got to win at the casino. Most sorcerers who would owe Haruto a favor were the ones that lost everything in his casino and were desperate to do anything to save their own lives.