Chapter 1

-Village Hidden in the Leaves-

It was October 11th some sixty or so years after the founding of the first of the hidden villages, the Hidden Leaf village. Yesterday, on October 10th, a most devastating catastrophe took place;  the nine tailed demon fox had escaped it's seal and went on a rampage. The village was attacked and many hundreds of lives were lost. The single greatest tragedy after the Third Great Ninja War.

The rampaging fox, however, was halted in it's path of destruction by none other than the fourth Hokage (fire shadow), named Minato Namikaze. However, it came at a very great cost.

It was on that night that his wife, Kushina Uzumaki, gave birth to twins: Naruto and Hiromi, brother and sister. The first of the two, Naruto, was like his father;  blonde and having the same skin tone but with whisker marks. Hiromi, the younger of the two, had her mother's face and she had orange hair.

The tragedy however, was that both died in the event. Minato offered his soul to the reaper in exchange for the nine tailed fox to be sealed inside their daughter. They died on the day their children were born.

But that could wait for later. The question now was: what were they going to do with the newborn children? Especially the girl who held the nine tailed fox and was the new jinchuriki.

(Hokage's tower)

''Jiraiya, are you certain this is the best available option?'' The third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, asked his young successor. The plan was to raise Hiromi in secret, teaching her how to control the fox-- but at the cost of abandoning her twin.

''I'm afraid so, Sarutobi sensei.'' Jiraiya the toad hermit and legendary ninja answered in a serious tone, not like his usual tone. ''The great toad sage said that a child born of Minato and Kushina would bear a heavy burden and be the one to save the ninja world. I believe it's Hiromi here because, afterall, she does have the nine tails sealed inside her.''

''And Naruto here?'' Hiruzen asked as he pointed at the sleeping baby. ''He doesn't have the fox's chakra, Jiraiya. What about him?''

''I was hoping you'd have an answer for that, sensei.'' Jiraiya told his teacher. ''I know abandoning one child over the other isn't a good thing but you know me. Having a spy network to run and with raising and training a jinchuriki, I have my hands tied. And you know I'm not the best parent material.''

''Do not forget that you are also his godfather and with Minato and Kushina dead, his guardian.'' Hiruzen reminded the toad summoning ninja. ''If he discovers that you essentially abandoned him in the future, he will not take it so lightly, Jiraiya.''

''I will bear that hate, then, sensei. I plan to teach him the rasengan and make him a toad summoner like me and Hiromi.''

''You plan to- I should have guessed already.'' Hiruzen simply said. He should've known that Jiraiya would make Hiromi his apprentice and another toad summoner.

''If that's all, I will be going now, sensei. With the Leaf at it's weakest point, I have to make sure no other village tries to take advantage of the situation.'' Jiraiya told his old teacher, took Hiromi with him and left.

''The best I can do for you now, Naruto, is to make sure you have a proper home.'' Hiruzen said, taking a puff from his pipe and exhaling it.

As he stood up, his old friend, Danzo Shimura entered. ''Hiruzen.'' The bandaged old ninja addressed his friend as he opened the door. ''So Jiraiya left, I see. And that child is...?''

''Minato's other child, Danzo.'' Hiruzen answered.

''Is this the one who possesses the nine tails chakra then?'' Danzo asked and Hiruzen shook his head 'no'. Danzo thought about what he would do and an idea popped up. ''Why not give him over to me, Hiruzen? I can train and raise the boy.''