Chapter 5

-Fire Capital, Land of Fire-

The capital city of the Land of Fire was built close to a lake;  it was a city bigger than the Hidden Leaf village and could support a population of over 300,000 people. The palace of the Fire Daimyo was much, much bigger than the Hokage Tower in the Leaf. This place was another step in Hiruzen Sarutobi's trip.

''Welcome to the Capital, lord Third Hokage.'' The Fire Daimyo respectfully greeted the Third Hokage.

''Thank you for recieving us yourself, lord daimyo.'' Hiruzen also respectfully greeted the feudal lord, thanking the man for coming to greet him in person.

''It is good to see you after such a long time, lord Hokage.'' The daimyo said and then took notice of Naruto. ''Oh? Who's this? Your grandson? Maybe an apprentice perhaps?''

''He's Naruto Uzumaki, lord daimyo. Don't be shy, Naruto. Say hello to the Fire Daimyo.'' Hiruzen said to the blonde child who hid behind him. Naruto nervously walked forward a bit and, like Hiruzen told him, did a respectable bow before the Fire Daimyo.

''He's quite shy, isn't he lord Hokage?'' The Fire Daimyo questioned though it was more of a statement to the Third Hokage.

The events following the test of courage at the old Senju compound in the Leaf made Naruto scared of socializing. ''Yes, he quite is.'' Hiruzen said to the Fire Daimyo.

''You must be tired after a long journey, lord Hokage. You and the boy. Come inside my palace. I have ordered that rooms be made for your use.'' The daimyo said and personally escorted the two and gave a tour of his palace. ''If the boy wants, he can play with the other children, lord Hokage.''

Hiruzen looked at Naruto, hoping that nothing bad would happen to him. He wanted the blonde to be safe but at the same time, to socialize more. ''Naruto, you can go play with the other children. I have a few things to discuss with the daimyo.'' Hiruzen told the boy and Naruto simply nodded and left.

''He is the son of Minato and Kushina isn't he, lord Hokage?'' The daimyo asked. ''I was quite surprised to learn that master Jiraiya did not take him when he took the boy's twin sister.''

''Yes. He is, lord daimyo.''

''The boy's twin and master Jiraiya were here for four years before they began their travels. The girl and my niece, Naho, got along quite well.'' The Fire Daimyo told Hiruzen and then asked, ''Does he know? Of his parentage and such, lord Hokage?''

''No. The time will come for that.'' Hiruzen simply answered. ''I would prefer that you nor anyone mention this to him, lord daimyo. Naruto has a hard life as it is in the Leaf;  I do not wish to make his life any harder.''

''You have my word, lord Hokage. Ah!'' The Fire Daimyo saw two of his guards ahead. ''My two best guards, lord Hokage. Chiriku, the fire monk and your son, Asuma Sarutobi.''

''Lord Daimyo, father.'' Asuma did a respectful bow before the two. He parted with his father, the Third Hokage, on bad terms.

''Asuma, it has been years. I missed you.'' Hiruzen spoke in his usual, stoic tone but there was a bit of softness on it. He did miss his son quite a lot. ''If it's not too much trouble, I would like to catch up with my son, lord daimyo.''

''Take your time, lord Hokage.'' The daimyo said and walked out of the hall with Chiriku the monk escorting him.

''How have you been, Asuma?'' Hiruzen asked his son.

''I've been well, father.'' Asuma answered. ''I see that you brought the Uzumaki with you.''

''I wished it best that Naruto could see more of the world outside the village, Asuma.'' Hiruzen answered. ''You are an uncle now, Asuma.''