Chapter 22

''I don't think I understand you, lord Orochimaru.'' Kabuto Yakushi said to his master. ''Can you please explain it to me a little more clearly? Why delay the invasion by one day?''

''Because I wish to see more of what Sasuke and Naruto can do, Kabuto. Especially the latter.'' Orochimaru said while licking his lips. ''Naruto has unique powers, Kabuto, powers that I had never seen or read about before. The black flames are just the beginning.''

''Black flames? You mean... that black dragon in the Forest of Death was... made by Naruto?'' Kabuto questioned. He remembered the black dragon and how terrifying and powerful it was. Kabuto could see death written all over the dragon.

''Yes. Dragon of the Darkness Flame he called it. A powerful name fitting for a powerful technique. And the chunin exams provide me the perfect oppurtunity to see what Naruto can do. Which is why, we will move the time of the invasion to the next day, Kabuto. The final matches of the exams will take place on the 1st and 2nd of July;  we will attack on the 2nd when the signal is given.''

''I understand, lord Orochimaru.''

'Naruto. Now he's interested in the other one.' Dosu Kinuta thought as he eavesdropped on their conversation. 'I will show you that I'm not just some tool that you can discard, Orochimaru. I'll prove it by killing Naruto Uzumaki.'

(Haruno residence)

Knock knock knock

''Coming!'' Kizashi Haruno, father of Sakura Haruno, said as he walked to the door. When he opened it, he got a heart attack when he saw the blonde Uzumaki standing on the outside and he was both nervous and panicking. ''Mister U-Uzumaki!''

''Good evening, Mr. Haruno.'' Naruto politely greeted the man. ''Is Sakura home?''

''Y-yes! Sakura's home, Mr. Uzumaki.'' Kizashi nervously answered. He had to be careful not to slight the blonde genin for Naruto could easily kill his family if the blonde desired.

''I wanted to give these letters to Sakura. The green is for her to read;  the blue is for another.'' Naruto said and gave Kizashi the letters. ''Can you give it to your daughter for me?''

''Of course! Consider it done.''

''Sakura's a strong girl. She just... lacks the training and control needed to reach her full potential. I will see her again in a month. Good evening, Mr. Haruno.'' Naruto said and walked, poofing away when he was out of sight.

''Sakura!''

''Coming dad.'' Sakura opened the door to her room and her father gave her the letters. ''What's this, dad?''

''Your teammate, the Uzumaki, came and said these are for you, Sakura. The green one, in particular.''

''Really? Did Naruto say anything else, dad?'' Sakura asked.

''Not much but he said that you were a strong girl who needed the right training and control, Sakura.''

''Oh. Thanks dad. Good night.'' Sakura closed her door and she sat on her bed, opening the green letter and reading it's content. It said:

Dear Sakura

By the time you are reading this, I'll be outside the Leaf village. Don't bother going to Kakashi sensei or anyone;  only the Hokage knows. Our senior, Kabuto Yakushi, said that I had done 2 extra A rank missions before and the Wave mission being my 3rd. Now, you can add a 4th because I'm doing a solo A rank mission. Tell no one about this.

Before I leave, I wanted to say that within the time we became a team, I feel much closer to you and Sasuke and Kakashi sensei. I think you are like a sister-in-arms to me and I hope the feelings mutual on your part. But, Kakashi sensei has been neglecting you and I quite a lot lately and he doesn't want to train me for the finals. And Sasuke seems to change a bit after the whole Orochimaru incident. Whatever happened, I don't really know. And then you dropped out of the preliminary matches, Sakura. I didn't think you'd do it, not in a hundred years. You feel like an anchor, dead weight pulling us down and I want to change that.