Chapter 27

''That black fire is quite interesting, lord Hokage. From what my children and jonin told me, a massive dragon came during the second phase, destroying a large part of the forest.'' The 'Kazekage' said to Hiruzen. ''From the looks of the Hyuga, he seemed rather... terrified of it.''

''For good reason. Though I do not know much regarding the Darkness Flame as Naruto put it, I know that it is extremely powerful. Perhaps the absolute pinacle of fire style.'' Hiruzen said to the 'Kazekage'.

''So, what do you think of your brother, Hiromi?'' Jiraiya asked Naruto's twin sister.

''So he has black flames and some fancy jutsus. He's just a show off.'' Hiromi replied to Jiraiya. 'I don't care. I can handle it... I think.'

'Ah, she's just like Kushina. Thinking she can beat anyone in a fight.' Jiraiya mentally said, remembering the good old days. 'Still. Taking a few notes from what we currently know about Naruto is a good idea.'

''Will Hinata Hyuga and Kankuro come down to the arena?'' Genma Shiranui called for the next two contestants to come down.

Hinata looked at Naruto who gave her a nodding smile, indicating his support. Taking a deep breath, she smiled back and walked down to the ground. Kankuro soon followed behind her, ready to fight.

'The invasions tomorrow. Which means I get to have a little fun with these Leaf genin.' Kankuro mentally said as he prepared his puppet, Crow.

'Byakugan!' Hinata activated her dojutsu and prepared for her own match. If she won, she'd advance to the finals and fight whoever won the next match.

''Let the match begin!'' Genma said and the two genin readied themselves.

Kankuro took out his puppet and it came towards Hinata. The Hyuga jumped back as the hidden blades in the puppet came out to attack her. With her byakugan, Hinata was able to dodge it and she noticed a purple liquid on the blades. 'Poison?' She wondered and decided it best not to get hit by them.

The puppet shot several kunai at her and Hinata focused chakra to her palms and deflected them. Then, the puppet shot poison gas at her and Hinata jumped back. 'If I breathe in even a little, I'll most likely die. Maybe... I can use it!' Hinata then prepared her attack. ''8 trigrams: air palm!'' And a gust of wind was shot out from her palm which sent the poison gas back to sender.

Kankuro jumped away to avoid inhaling his own poison. 'Damn. I thought she was done for.' He mentally cursed and he sent Crow to attack Hinata again.

Hinata watched as the puppet split apart and blades were on the end points of the arms. The head shot three kunai at her and Hinata jumped back. It was Kankuro wanted as Hinata was jumping towards the blades to her back. Hinata focused chakra to her legs and leapt forward and then used the Gentle Fist to deflect the puppet arms away from her.

'Now's my chance.' Hinata took a deep breath and rushed towards Kankuro at full speed and got him in her byakugan's sight. ''8 trigrams: 32 palms!'' Hinata then struck Kankuro 32 times with the Gentle Fist and the puppet user was sent back.

Genma Shiranui went to check on Kankuro and he was unable to fight. ''Kankuro is knocked out. Winner of the second match: Hinata Hyuga!'' Genma declared and the crowd erupted.

''Will Shikamaru Nara and Temari come down to the arena?''

(with the audience)

''Wo-hoo! Yeah! You go, Hinata!'' Kiba Inuzuka stood from his seat and cheered for his teammate.

''She's Neji's cousin. Of course she'd win.'' Tenten said.

'Next will be Shikamaru vs that Temari girl.' Sakura mentally said. 'Whoever wins will face Hinata tomorrow and whoever wins between Sasuke and Gaara will fight Naruto.'