Chapter 12

''Zabuza Momochi. Demon of the Hidden Mist village.'' Kakashi said the enemy's name and the enemy looked down at his opponents. ''Team, manji formation. Protect Mr. Tazuna at all cost. I'll need to use this.'' Kakashi said, lifting his forehead protector and revealing his left eye to be a sharingan. ''I'm ready.''

''Heh. I'm lucky to see the sharingan in action.'' Zabuza said, turning his body to face the enemy. ''So I'm in your bingo book, Kakashi. Just the same, in Mist, the assassination unit has orders to kill you on sight. In it, you are listed as the man who copied a thousand jutsu.''

''Is our sensei really that legendary of a shinobi?'' Sakura Haruno asked, having doubts due to her sensei's tardiness.

''Hey, what's the sharingan?'' Tazuna asked and Sasuke answered him. ''It's a dojutsu, an eye technique, which is the bloodline limit of the Uchiha clan. It can see chakra and copy any ninjutsu, taijutsu and genjutsu it sees.''

''That's not all. It can copy it down to the last detail.'' Zabuza finished and prepared to fight. ''Enough wasting time. Hand over the old man and I won't kill your little brats.'' He said and the genin were ready to protect Tazuna. ''Hmph. If I have to kill you first then, fine by me, Kakashi.''

Zabuza took his sword and jumped to the water, standing on top of it and surprising the genin. Zabuza put his right hand over his face and raised his left hand. ''Ninja art: hidden mist jutsu.'' He said and a thick mist soon came over the area and obscuring Zabuza from view.

''It's like he just vanished.'' Sakura stated. ''Kakashi sensei, who is this guy?'' She asked.

''Zabuza Momochi, former leader of the Hidden Mist assassination unit. Zabuza is famous for being a master of the silent killing technique.''

''Silent?''

''As the name suggests, it happens in an instant. No sound, no warning. The victim dies before they even realize it.'' Kakashi explained as the mist kept getting thicker, obscuring him from his genin.

''Eight points.'' The voice of Zabuza seemed to be everywhere and the genin were clueless as to where he might be. ''Larnyx, spine, lungs, liver, jugular, subclavian artery, kidneys, heart... which will be the point I kill you with?''

''That's enough!'' Kakashi said, releasing a burst of his chakra, making the mist go away and scaring Sasuke and Sakura.

'This is insane!' Sasuke exclaimed in his mind. 'The bloodlust of these two... any movement that I make, even the shallowest breath, the slightest twitch, he'll find me. Two jonin prepared to take each others' lives, it's maddening. I'd rather take my own life than live through this any longer.' Sasuke was about to kill himself with a kunai but a strong grip from Naruto stopped him.

''Man up, Sasuke.'' The blonde told the Uchiha. ''We're all in this together, as a team.''

''Calm down, Sasuke.'' Kakashi told his student. ''I will protect each of you with my life. I won't let any of my students die.'' As Kakashi said this, the Glamour Sight alerted Naruto of Zabuza's presence and he let go of Sasuke, taking out two kunai.

''Don't be so sure, Kakashi.'' Zabuza said and was ready to kill Tazuna. He appeared behind the genin and swung his sword but Naruto managed to block it with two kunai. ''What the- How did you know?'' Zabuza was surprised at this;  it had never happened before.

Kakashi took the oppurtunity and stabbed Zabuza with a kunai. However, instead of blood, it was water leaking out. ''Sensei, behind you!'' Naruto warned and the Zabuza that Kakashi stabbed turned out to be a water clone. Zabuza Momochi appeared and cut Kakashi in half, only for Kakashi too to turn into water.