Chapter 42

''Summoning jutsu: Katsuyu!'' Sakura slammed her palm on the ground and in a poof of smoke, out came the legendary summon of Tsunade Senju, the slug Katsuyu.

Katsuyu was huge and Sakura knew that fact very well. So, she was careful in her summoning of the slug so that Katsuyu would not accidentally destroy the arena with her enormous size. The Katsuyu that Sakura summoned was a about twelve times the pink haired girl's size.

''How may I be of service, Sakura?'' Katsuyu asked as Sakura got atop the slug summon's head.

''I'm in the middle of a fight, Katsuyu. I need your help in defeating my opponent by at the same time, not injure her too badly.'' Sakura replied.

''I understand.''

Karin was amazed to see the legendary slug summon of Tsunade in person and at her opponent's hands no less. 'I could hardly hold back against Sakura but with a summon like Katsuyu, I'll have to stop holding anything back and go full out.' She could sense Naruto was nearby and she mentally apologized. 'Sorry, Naruto. But I might have to use the rasengan against her.'

The adamantine chains came and ensnared Katsuyu but the slug turned her body to slime, negating Karin's jutsu. Sakura jumped up from Katsuyu and she came to land a punch at Karin. The Uzumaki girl was shielded by her chains as the punch landed but she was sent flying nontheless. Karin shot a water jutsu at Sakura but the pink haired girl destroyed it easily with a punch.

'Her super strength is obviously her strongest point and I need a way to counter her. But, she does have other tricks up her sleeves and I can't forget the prescence of Katsuyu.' Karin was thinking of a plan when the slug shot an acid slime towards her.

The chains came to wrap themselves around like armor on Karin and she used six chains as a way of walking. More chains came out and they faced Sakura who punched them away but Katsuyu continued to aid Sakura in the fighting. Karin focused large amounts of chakra and shot a wall of water on the arena floor. Hidden behind her chains, she began to weave signs for a very powerful water jutsu that few ever used or mastered.

''Water style: water hydra.'' Karin muttered and the water formed to become a five headed water dragon. Roaring loudly, the serpentine heads came to attack Sakura.

Sakura focused as much of her immense strength as she could on her chakra scalpel and she destroyed one head. Katsuyu helped to destroy the other heads but to their surprise, the heads multiplied and Karin shot water jutsu or chain attacks towards Sakura and she trapped Katsuyu.

The water hydra jutsu was a powerful water jutsu that was an upgrade of the B rank water dragon bullet. Destroy one head, two more heads formed and until the water was evaporated, it wouldn't die out.

(with Naruto and Shizuka)

Naruto's sapphire left eye widened for a second as he saw Sakura summon Katsuyu. ''I admit, I was not expecting to see Katsuyu in Sakura's hands.''

''Katsuyu? Lady Tsunade's legendary slug summon?'' His wife, Shizuka, asked him.

''Yes. So, you recieved training from Tsunade in the past times, Sakura.'' Naruto simply said. 'Let's see more of what you can do, Sakura.'

(with the audience)

Ino's eyes widened as she saw Sakura get stabbed by Karin's chains. Then, she saw her friend make it seem like nothing by grabbing Karin and pulling the redhead towards her.

'Sakura... you've grown so much in these past months while I made no progress at all.' Ino lamented.

When they graduated, she had a slight advantage over Sakura with her mind transfer jutsu. But now, it seems as though Sakura had surpassed her in a short time. She couldn't be left in the dirt now and she had to train herself if she was going to be Sakura's equal.