Chapter 18

Hagetaka forces led by Hashida had arrived in the city. General Hashida himself stepped out from his vehicle and called his men to secure the city. He watched them jogging their way, all armed and ready. Then he heard two young women standing behind him, waiting.

"No need to wait for my call, girls," Hashida said to them. "You know what to do."

And without delay, Serika and Koharu marched straight into the city. They walked down the streets, all the way to the Hakata Ward, searching for suspicious activity. They received massive attention from the large crowd, nothing but confused stares. Their uniforms, behaviour and marching caught stood out to them, but the girls were not bothered.

Then a minor accident happened, when a man in chic clothing bumped into them. The man supposedly ran a nightclub, approached them, unaware he was about to collide as he was talking, clearly even arguing, to somebody on his phone. He accidently bumped into them. He pardoned himself, but after one glance he stopped for a moment. He returned his eyes back at the sisters. There was a growing bedazzlement in his face the more he gazed at them. He told his associate to talk later and ended his phone call. However, they just disappeared and he desperately looked around until he noticed they just passed him couple of metres away.

He caught up them, offering a proposal. "Hey, girls. I just want to say I love how striking you are in these outfits. If you don't know about me, I own and run a nightclub, and I like offer you girls a position to work for me. How's that sound?"

The Hanazono Sisters did not respond. They continued walking.

"Silent, eh? I like that! But in all seriousness, I'll give you girls high salary and benefits if you work for me. Just say the word and it's a done deal."

Still no response from them.

He started to lose some patience, so he stopped them. "C'mon! Help me out here! I'll make it worth your while!" Then a swift punch by Serika hurled him off to the side. The eyewitnesses were shocked and frightened by the sudden action. Angered, he attempted to retaliate. "Hey, what gives!? You little bitch!"

Koharu then popped in front of him, restraining him with her dagger close to his neck. "You want another?"

The man shook his head, fearing for his life.

Hagetaka forces had stepped in, assessing the trouble involving the sisters. "Miss Serika, Miss Koharu, what's going on here!?" demanded one of the units.

"Nothing," answered Serika. "Just some nuisance trying to stop us."

After Koharu sheathed her dagger, the sisters returned to duty.

The crowd then decided to keep their distances away from the sisters faraway out of fear.

"Move along. Move along," urged one the soldiers. The troops were at ease.

Hidden from sight, Amano had been spying on the sisters for a while now, was overwhelmed and blushing red when he witnessed the Hanazono Sisters in action. He tapped his radio, quivering. "Hello? Can anyone hear me? I saw two girls in black and gold uniforms associating with the Hagetaka. They could be part of the Covenant or something."

A reply had reached him. "This is the samurai responding," the voice came from Naotaka, sounding energetic. "What do the girls look like?"

"One has light brown perms and the other has a dark ponytail wielding daggers."

Naotaka, and even Koki and Shintaro had joined in, listening, suspected the girls would be the city. Naotaka asked Amano further if he had seen a gruff, old man who went by the name of Hashida with them, but Amano saw no such man and only saw the two girls.