Chapter 25

The Meteor Samurai met with the secretary of the hospital, Dr. Joichiro Edamura, squeezing into his office, so narrow and cramped with many office furniture, utilities and document folders and has the design close to a submarine cabin. The secretary and doctor was in his late-30s, wearing his Meteor Artist's uniform, draped in his white coat.

Edamura told them he received information from Ms Shimada in regards of the Hanazono Sisters and General Hashida. They were all what Koki asked for. He tapped into his computer. He presented the files of three people, Serika, Koharu and Hashida.

"That's them!" thought Koki, excited. Those were the exact faces of his team's formidable opponents from Hiroshima and Hakata. He thanked him and Ms Shimada for their efforts. It was now a good time to learn about them.

"Who do you like to know first?" asked Edamura.

"Let's start with the Hanazono Sisters," said Koki.

"Very well. You already know the sisters are Lightning Artists, so let's skip that part." The doctor maximised the file window on Serika. "Let's start with the girl with the thick perms, Serika. Serika Hanazono is twenty years old and was born in Nagoya. She became a member of the Renmei since she was twelve and regarded as a fighter specialising in offense." He switched to Koharu. "Then there's her ponytailed sister, Koharu, who is eighteen and was also born in Nagoya. She became a Renmei member the same time as her sister. When being part of the Renmei, Koharu was trained in ninjutsu for a long while since joining the renmei and proven herself to be a speedster."

"Well, that proves our suspicions on their stats correct," said Shintaro.

Edamura added in more, "Now they are now members of the Covenant apparently as Special forces, by the way."

"Special Forces?" wondered Koki. "I guess that explains why they're so strong. And what about Hashida?"

Edamura opened the file window of Hashida in front of his desktop. "Ms. Shimada had done a quick research on him and gathered some info. Apparently, his name is Tatsuo Hashida. He was a lieutenant general serving for the Ground Self-Defense Force for almost thirty years, but when Hagetaka Group was founded he was offered the position as one of its generals and he took it. Said he was sick of the Meteor Artists since the inception of the Kage-gun."

"A cause-and-effect, I see," Koki figured. "And based on our last confrontation with him, his actions were like forces of nature, partially able prevented our leaders to escape, including Naotaka. Hashida was formidable. He wouldn't let us get the chance."

"Until Naotaka drew his Meteor Katana and unleashed his full powers," said Shintaro. "Nobody, not even me, saw it coming. If it weren't for him, we'd be stuck and more likely to die in Hakata."

"Anyway, thanks again for the Intel, Dr. Edamura," said Koki. "You and Ms. Shimada."

"Not a problem," said Edamura. "Oh, there's more regarding the Hanazono Sisters. Both sisters were orphans at a young age and had nowhere to go. They even weren't Meteor Artists at the time."

"That's pretty tragic to hear," said Saya. "But how did they know about Meteor Arts and the Renmei?"

"Apparently, after their parents died, they were eventually reached out by a Lightning Artist, who was an acquaintance of them. Hence, they learned Meteor Arts from him and grew under his wing and the Renmei."

"So who was the Artist that took them in?"

"The Artist was Towa Kanzuki, the leader of the Meteor Arts association in Chubu. Nobody in the Renmei can confirm his current status. However, rumours say he is part of the Lightning Meteor Covenant and most likely in charge of the organisation after settling an agreement with Hagetaka."