Chapter 2: A Plot

The originally red billowy dress now stuck to her skin and the wavy black hair cling to each side of her face to her neck. It kinda gave her an alluring look. Despite the rumors surrounding her, she has a stunning appearance.

If Cecil had this pure and innocent aura about her that made her look attractive, Alana had the innocent but also glamorous look that seemed contradictory, yet didn’t make her look out of place.

“Oh, sorry, Miss. My hand slipped.” Lilah raised her eyebrow, not looking guilty at all despite her words.

Some even began to feel bad for her, thinking that she was too shocked to react. The speculation that the pair of groom and bride did this deliberately to take revenge emerged, but they quickly erased the thought when they saw the expression on the couple’s face.

“My clothes are dirty now. Sorry I can’t continue to attend your wedding.” The tone was flat, but the emotions swirling in those eyes stunned everyone.

Alana grabbed her bag, then walked away without even looking back. They could see the thin back getting smaller and finally disappeared from their sight as she passed a door.

“You two should have kicked her out the moment she made trouble. Don’t let her ruin your wedding.” Lilah rolled her eyes, every word dripping with sarcasm. Her eyes were meaningful as she glanced at the pair of groom and bride.

At the same time, Albert, who was curious about the object laying on the floor, crouched down to take it. Seeing the thin paper, Lilah suddenly said in a surprised voice.

“Is that a wedding invitation?” She blinked. “I remember receiving the same one. Then…” She clasped her mouth and gasped, at a loss for words. Everyone also wondered whether it was really a wedding invitation.

Cecil’s pupils constricted and her mind spun. This actress named Lilah, who was less popular than her, had caused such a scene at their wedding and now had even said such words that made them might be misunderstood. No matter what they say right now—whether it was a wedding invitation or not—it would be unfavorable to their situation. Who would expect someone to bring a wedding invitation around like this?

If Alana made trouble, by taking a few subtle actions, they could better guide the opinions of the public in favor of their side. Now, she experienced such disrespectful treatment at their wedding—it might even cause the public to feel sorry for her, thereby reducing the public’s sympathy for her and Albert.
Alana didn’t know what kind of inner turmoil Cecil was going through, and honestly, she didn’t care. She was currently in a car and had changed from the dress to a more comfortable attire.

“Woman, look, I am sacrificing my reputation for you.” The door of the car snapped open and a glamorous woman in a grey dress got in and threw her heels away, replacing them with comfortable shoes. She added, “You should be thankful to me.”

Lilah lifted her chin proudly. “I hope it can really wreck their wedding party. What a revolting couple.”

Alana only shook her head. She leaned her body on the seat to relax her tense muscles. Then she turned her head to Lilah and asked with concern. “It will affect you a lot, right? I can also make a clarification later if you wish me to. I don’t want to affect your career.”

Lilah began to drive the car. She shrugged her shoulders and said in a joking manner. “As long as your family doesn’t go after me, I am fine.”

The Wilson family’s inclusion in the list of top rich families was not without reason. They had a lot of business in various industries, and one of them was the entertainment industry. It wouldn’t take much to ban an emerging actress like Lilah. Of course, they wouldn’t do such a thing.