Chapter 13: Good News

“Miss Alana?” Cecil seemed to be surprised seeing Alana there. Her hand covered her mouth, and she stared at her with wide eyes. “What are you doing here?”

“I work here.” Alana shrugged. “Or the correct word should be ‘worked.”

“Congrats to you.” She tapped Cecil’s shoulder, then slipped right in through the door under the watchful eyes of Albert, who seemed to be suppressing himself.

“Darling, what happened? Did I interrupt your discussion…?” Cecil trailed off a bit at the end of the sentence. Albert let out the breath he was holding and smiled stiffly, not responding to her question and instead asked, “You are bringing lunch for me? Aren’t you busy?”

On the other side, Alana was walking toward the exit, celebrating her regained freedom. She let out a breath and suddenly her whole body felt a lot more relaxing. She hadn’t realized how much these hallways and rooms in this company were so suffocating for her.

“What are you doing? Taking your opportunity to be alone with Mr Harris when his wife was absent?” A girl with curly hair suddenly commented from the side.

Alana, who was in a good mood, suddenly stopped and looked at her straight in the eye. The girl seemed a bit flustered at being stared at like that. “Why are you staring at me like this? Guilty?”

When Alana walked out earlier, all eyes were on her and there were some whispers as well, but none of them had blatantly come over to question her like this girl.

“No, I just find you quite pitiful.” Alana shook her head, and she was about to pat the girl’s shoulder, but she evaded at the last second.

“You are being weird. Are you stimulated because Mr Harris’ real wife came and lost your mind?” She sneered at her.

“You speak for yourself.” Alana smiled at her and chuckled a little. Then, she didn’t mind this girl anymore and walked out.

She remembered this certain little employee and although her words were harsh; they were because of her jealousy. The girl had had a crush on Albert for many years, and she remembered that Cecil had plotted against this girl and pulled the blame on her. The actress had used the two of them to deal with each other. Now, she would love to see them deal with each other just to fight over that man.

After being free, Alana just spent her days lazing around her apartment. While she worked on her script, she also took her time to contact the director of the film that her family invested in, Director Murphy. Seeing that Alana was quite interested in the entertainment industry, he had given her the freedom to do anything she wanted.

The Wilson family had a company that specialized in the entertainment industry, Glory Star Entertainment. The status gave her more leverage when she worked as a scriptwriter, thus she could discuss her work with most of the directors.

She had worked with those directors and learned a lot, so although her works hadn’t received any big awards, she still had some success.

In Director Murphy’s new film, she had written the script for him, “You and a Billion of Stars”. It was also the movie that both Cecil and Lilah were interested in. It was one of the movies that the company paid a lot of attention to, after all.

“How did it go?” She asked over the phone a few days later. Lilah had done the audition for the second female lead of the movie and she also greatly anticipated the result. She knew her own friend’s ability.

She also knew why many actresses had been aiming for the second female lead role. Besides the fact that the main female lead was taken by a very talented actress right now, the role of the second female lead also didn’t lose out in terms of popularity.