Chapter 18: Indignant

Alana was now back to the studio to meet Director Murphy and, however, she wasn’t as lucky this time because she stumbled upon Cecil and Albert.

It made her realize just how much Cecil desired this role of the second female lead. She went as far as dragging Albert along and made a visit to the studio. Well, her reputation also would be at stake if too, she guessed. Especially that post about the movie “You and a Billion of Stars” that couldn’t be removed.

Cecil really valued her reputation a lot and her fans were also extremely protective of her, supporting her no matter what happened. In her fans’ mind, she was always a kind and pure-hearted fairy.

“I need to speak to you,” Albert said as he walked closer to her.

She took a few steps back and crossed her arms around in front of her chest. Cecil just stood there and didn’t interfere with the two.

“Why do you want that role so much?” She couldn’t help but ridicule them. “No movie is willing to cast your beloved princess?”

“Mind your words, Alana!” He stared at her sharply.

“Who are you to order me around?” She rolled her eyes.

“You!” Veins seemed to be visible in Albert’s temples.

“Yes, me?”

“Give back the role that was supposed to be Cecil’s!” His voice was sharp as he glared at Alana. She was unfazed, standing there without much expression, feeling ridiculous.

Cecil bit her fingers, and she approached the two while linking her arms around Albert’s. “It’s alright, Honey. Miss Alana should be right, it is because I am not talented enough to take the role and the director didn’t choose me.”

Albert rubbed Cecil’s arm to comfort her, glancing briefly at Alana as a small smirk formed on his lips. However, upon looking at Alana’s nonchalant expression, his smirk also gradually faltered.

“No, it’s not alright.” Albert turned to Alana. “You are abusing your power to retaliate against Cecil.”

Alana was really getting tired right now. This man had truly lost his mind. She decided not to care about this troublesome couple anymore and was about to walk away when Albert blocked her way.

At the same time, a young man came out of Director Murphy’s room. He was a young director who had been following Director Murphy to learn under him. Currently, he has a frown on his face.
“This Mister, please lower your voice or else you need to leave from here.” He said sternly.

“I am sorry for the rudeness.” Albert suddenly changed his tune. “I only want justice for my wife since her role was abruptly taken by another actress at the last minute.”

The young director didn’t look impressed at all. “It’s not your business about how we pick actresses and actors for our projects.”

“Is it not based on talent?” Cecil suddenly asked.

“It’s based on talents.” He nodded. “You have got your answers now, so if you have no business anymore here, please leave.”

“I want to meet Director Murphy.” Albert cut him off. “Can you bring us to him?”

The young man told them to wait, and after he glanced briefly at the calm and composed Alana, he went into the room and came out to bring them in. The two looked at each other, then entered the room, followed by Alana.

Lilah was already in the room with some other actors, and they were sitting together discussing the script. Upon seeing that there were uninvited guests, they looked at Albert and Cecil. Director Murphy also stared at them.