Chapter 11: Restaurant

“Here the devils come uninvited,” Lilah scoffed. She was wearing a disguise; a pair of black glasses, loose clothes to hide her figure, and a red haired wig to hide her curly brown hair. As an actress, Cecil also wore a disguise, but it was clear that she had put less effort as she only wore black glasses, but still with a stylish outfit.

Alana didn’t want anyone to disturb her morning too today; she wanted peace, so she also tried to hide herself by wearing her hoodie cap.

“Director Murphy is going to create a new movie.” They heard Cecil muttering to Albert as she clung onto his arm. “He is a famous director and actors or actresses who were cast to play roles in his movies are now successful. I don’t know if I can get the role as the second female lead…”

She trailed off, seeming unsure. Her gaze was directed toward the floor in a dejected manner. Albert, who saw her like this, immediately rubbed her hair affectionately. “I am sure you are going to get it. You are a talented actress.”

At his last statement, Alana and Lilah almost couldn’t hold their snicker. Yeah, she was so talented because even in real life, she also did that. When Alana remembered some of her memories, she found that statement to be true. Just like Olivia, Cecil was very good at her job as an actress.

“There will be many talented actresses who are interested in the role…” She trailed off.

Albert seemed to have caught her meaning and he just let out a chuckle. “I will talk to Director Murphy about it."

“Really? But your company isn’t in the entertainment business. The Wilson Group practically controls half of the entertainment industry now.” She said that in a whisper, but Alana and Lilah could still hear them because they were only two tables away from them now.

Luckily, the two didn’t seem to notice their presence, probably only regard them as ordinary customers since they didn’t order the private room. Most people who had money would order a private room for their privacy here, just like Albert and Cecil, who were now heading towards the second floor.

The voices of the two gradually faded and only then did Alana straighten herself. She stared at Lilah and Lilah also stared back at her. “Isn’t that the role you are auditioning for?”

“Yeah, I was just trying my luck, but now I am determined to get the role.” She let out a chuckle.

“Aren’t you afraid the fearsome Mr Harris would pull strings behind the scene?” Alana stirred the ice in her cup, her expression nonchalant.

“Oh, I am so afraid.” She said sarcastically with an exaggerated expression. “So, I will ask the great Miss Wilson to protect me.”

Alana rolled her eyes at her.

Albert’s company began to develop some years ago after his family went bankrupt. He is considered a genius businessman now because of what he did. After his father passed away, he had to pay for his family’s debts. Not only did he manage to do that, he even brought the Harris Company to higher heights compared to the previous owner.

Once, Alana and Albert were regarded as a perfect couple. The bussiness genius Albert Harris who managed to steal the heart of the Wilson’s princess, and Alana Wilson, who upon her relationship with Albert began to settle down.

Her reputation couldn’t be said to be bad before she met Albert, but her relationships had never lasted more than ten months. Some of the men were after her because of her family background while others just didn’t work out well with her. However, once she found someone she could really connect with, she was deceived so badly.

Now, she only wanted to be an independent and successful woman without relying on her family too much.

“People were discussing them online so excitedly.” Lilah spoke again.

“Oh, praising them for being a perfect couple?” Alana raised her eyebrow. She had seen such stories, like how Cecil who came from a low background managed to attract her Prince Charming, the owner as well as CEO of Harris Company, Albert Harris.

“Their wedding is still such a joke.” Lilah shook her head and covered her mouth.

“Oh, we accidentally wrecked it?” Alana blinked innocently.

Lilah shrugged her shoulders. “Not entirely our fault. Apparently, there was fire during their wedding. You might not have seen the funny news.”

She handed her phone to Alana, thinking that her friend hadn’t had time to see the news because of the mess at her home. There was only one reason Alana would run back to her apartment so quickly. A certain witch must have made trouble again.

Alana scrolled through Lilah’s phone and amusement flickered through her eyes. There was a fire during their wedding that burned the wedding decoration. The commotion made the guests scatter like ants on a hot pan, but luckily, there was none that got hurt. Still, it looked ominous that such a thing happened on a day that was supposed to be joyful.

“Did you do it?” The two asked each other at the same time. They paused for a bit, then laughed until tears gathered in their eyes.

“It’s not me or you, then who is it?” Alana wondered as she sipped on her juice.

“Who knows?” Lilah shrugged. “Since it’s not one of us, it might really just be a coincidence.”

They continued to eat after that. Alana had planned to go to the police station today to give a victim statement. Because there were still two death row criminals on the run and the police were working on catching them.

“Or my brother.” Alana mumbled under her breath. That batshit crazy of her brother definitely would do something like setting fire to someone’s wedding. But Lilah’s words were also reasonable.

After the two finished their meal, they suddenly heard commotion coming from the second floor. Albert was having a livid face. He held Cecil’s hand as they climbed down and shouted. “I want to meet your manager. How do you train your waitress here? You ruined Cecil’s dress.”

They were followed by a young girl who had her shoulder slumped down, and she looked nervous. After they arrived at the first floor, Cecil tried to hold Albert’s arm, rubbing it as if to calm him down.

“Call your manager, I want to speak to him!” Albert’s angry voice shouted again.

“Darling, it’s okay, I am alright. I am not hurt.” Cecil seemed to be trying to reassure him.

“She poured a hot drink on you.” Albert frowned and he took Cecil’s hand carefully. There seemed to be slight redness there, which poked Albert’s button again.

A man with glasses came out and approached the two. He apologized for the mistake that the young waitress had made. “We would like to compensate you for the damage one of our waitresses had caused. We also would punish her accordingly.”

Cecil, being the kind-hearted fairy she was, then persuaded Albert not to punish the girl too badly and immediately took a lead in accepting the manager’s apology. The girl thanked Cecil profusely after she persuaded the manager not to fire her.

There were some people filming the scene and some recognized Cecil as an actress whose fame gradually bloomed. There were more people now than when the restaurant opened earlier.

Those people immediately posted what they had filmed and Cecil received a lot of praise for being kind-hearted. Lilah, who had just watched the entire scene, rolled her eyes and scoffed. “What a great actress.”

Alana didn’t have much reaction upon seeing what Cecil had done. She tugged on Lilah’s sleeve and said. “Let’s get out quick, there are more people here and you might get exposed.”

“The bill is on me.” Alana added and Lilah beamed.

“I’ll need to go to the bathroom. Be back quick.” Lilah stood up and walked away.
After that, Alana called the waitress to pay for her bill. Once she finished, she got up and intended to wait for Lilah outside. However, Albert called her out the moment she already walked near the door.

“Alana, what are you doing here?” He grasped her hand and said with a whisper. He probably had noticed her presence for a while and had been waiting for the right moment to talk to her.

Alana frowned, she tried to pull her hand back from his grip to no avail.