Chapter 21: Cafe

Alana woke up with a jolt and when she sat up on her bed, the sudden dizziness assaulted her. The life she had lived in her previous life felt like a vivid dream, and sometimes it felt so far away at the same time.

In her previous life, Albert rarely cared about her ever since he decided he would focus on investing in the entertainment industry. For whom, the reason was very clear. It wasn’t that she was not aware of his cheating, but she just turned a blind eye. She isolated herself from her own family and had to endure such a life.

“Miss, the breakfast is ready.” The sudden knocking from a servant pulled her from her thoughts. She responded to the servant’s words and prepared herself.

She climbed down to the first floor to have breakfast with others. They didn’t talk much, including Olivia, who seemed to be distracted by something.

It was until she visited the small library in the house that Olivia came to her. At first, she pretended not to notice her and continued to focus on the script on her laptop; she finally had an idea for a new script she had been thinking about for a while.

“Alana? Can we talk for a moment?” Olivia started the conversation.
She glanced at her and didn’t speak. Olivia continued to speak her intention, anyway. “I heard that the director of a movie you are working on is auditioning to fill in the roles?”

Alana finally glanced at her, and Olivia tried to put on a kind smile and she said. “Can you give a role to this talented actress that I found? I believe that with her participation, the movie will be successful and with her fanbase, she definitely would pull a lot of readers.”

“Which role is it?” She asked flatly, apparently not impressed.

“Second female lead.” Olivia opened her mouth. “The role of the main female lead has been announced, so it must be alright to give it to someone I suggest since the rest of the actors and actresses haven’t been announced, right?”

Upon hearing that, Alana raised her eyebrow, and she had a meaningful smile on her face. Why do people like the role of this second female lead so much? Well, honestly, when she published the novel version online, she also didn’t expect that the second female lead who originally received so much hate would be such a memorable character. The readers came to like her complicated personality and background.

“I can’t give that role away. Director Murphy already found a perfect actress.” Alana directed her gaze toward her laptop again.

“It hasn’t been announced, so you can still change her.” Olivia ground her teeth together.

Before Alana could respond further, Adam suddenly appeared from the door. Seeing Olivia and Alana, who usually weren’t on good terms being together, he immediately asked them. “Is there something that matters?”

“Honey, I like an actress since I think that she is so good at acting and I believe her to be a good seedling for the company. Can you give her a role?” Olivia walked toward him and hugged him in a spoiled manner.

Alana scoffed inwardly, and she decided to find somewhere else to write her script. She stood up and didn’t listen to what these two people were saying. After she packed her things, she realized that her father was calling her. She turned to him with an innocent confusion before adjusting her expression to an impassive one.

“What do you think, Alana?”

“I won’t give that role to anyone else, no matter what you say. It will be better if you film your own movie and make your beloved actress as the female lead.” She said sarcastically.

“That’s alright.” Surprisingly, her father didn’t mind and instead smiled. “It’s the movie that you are working hard on and you want it to be perfect. All the decisions are yours.”

“Darling!” Olivia widened her eyes and her mouth parted slightly in disbelief.
“We can give the actress that you like another opportunity and more resources.” He finally said, serving as a peacemaker.

Alana also didn’t expect her father’s response. Or maybe Olivia lacked her scheming way in this one because she had underestimated her, thus she didn’t get what she wanted. Usually, Olivia would make her look bad in front of others, like pouring water on herself and then accusing her or other schemes.

Alana didn’t say anything more and exited the library. She took her brother’s car key and drove to a cafe. As soon as she entered, she immediately relaxed and ordered a glass of coffee.

“Miss Alana, it’s been a few days since you are not here.” A young boy who looked like he was eighteen years old joked to her as he served the coffee in his tray to her.

“Tony.” Alana looked up from her laptop and greeted back with a smile. “How’s the business going?”

“It’s going smoothly.” He seemed proud of himself. The cafe was wide and as soon as someone entered, the cool temperature would make them feel comfortable and relaxed. There weren’t many people visiting at this hour, but after a while, there will be many college students who went to hang out with their friends.

“Alana…” A deep and somewhat pleasant voice made her think that she was hallucinating. Until she looked up and found Lorenzo already sitting in front of her.

“Enzo?” She blinked, her mouth gaped, then muttered. “Why do I always meet you whenever I go out?”

“Maybe it’s because the universe thinks we are fated.” Lorenzo said, emotions swirling in his eyes. He seemed to like that Alana has gotten so familiar with the nickname already.

“You are saying some strange things.” Alana blinked and didn’t show that she was bothered by his words. To be honest, the very thought that she was going back to the past itself was something unthinkable and almost impossible, but that did happen.

She hid the sudden complicated feeling that surrounded her and focused on writing her script, occasionally sipping on her coffee. However, Lorenzo’s gaze didn’t make it easy for her to focus.

“Is there something on my face?” She asked.

“Yes,” Lorenzo answered, as his hand reached out and wiped the cream from her lips. Alana froze slightly, and her face reddened.

“Do you want to order anything, sir?” Tony came back and asked him, easing the strange atmosphere between the two.

“I will order the same as her.” He said nonchalantly.

Tony was a bit curious seeing this man who had an intimidating aura all over his body, but considering that he knew Alana’s background, he didn’t ask anything.

“Aren’t you going to be late for work?” Alana asked curiously.

“This place is near my company. I can just go back there swiftly.” Lorenzo explained, and he wasn’t truly lying. It was just that as soon as he saw Alana going into the cafe, he followed in. There was a very specific reason why he bought that company near this cafe.

“You acquired that company?” Alana was surprised. After a while, she thought that it made sense as Lorenzo was expanding his business. The companies under the Miller Group were growing bigger and bigger.

In other words, Lorenzo was one of the richest people in the country now. The complete opposite of her, a destitute script writer who also shouldered a huge debt. The very debtor also happened to have the same last name as her, Jayden Wilson.

Lorenzo nodded, then shifted his focus to Alana’s laptop. “Are you writing a new script?”

A bit embarrassed, she acquiesced to his words.

“What is it about?” He seemed to be very curious.

“Childhood sweethearts.” She said, not daring to look at him. Then, she remembered something that made her stunned. Her head snapped to Lorenzo, that made the man confused at her sudden behavior.

“I think I owe you a direct apology…” Alana paused for a moment, then after taking a deep breath, she continued with slight stammering, “Those photos must… must have been a great hassle to you. And… and it also tarnished your name.”