Chapter 15: Ex-Boyfriend

Alana froze, her heartbeat nearly stopped as she could almost hear Lorenzo’s heartbeat due to their proximity. He was pressing her against the wall; his tall and wide body blocked her from people’s sight.

It was unknown what was on his mind, but she was getting more flustered the more they spent in this position. She could even feel his hot breath as his face got closer to hers.

He whispered in her ears. “He is still nearby.”

Alana tried to adjust her own emotions, and she finally remembered about Albert who had come to the studio. Unwilling to deal with him, she had decided to avoid him. The topic he was going to talk about wasn’t new and she wasn’t interested in continuing to argue with him further.

Lorenzo unexpectedly knew what she was thinking, which led them to such a situation. Her mind really turned blank right now; she could even smell his perfume.

After a while, he pulled himself slowly from her and she took in a deep breath, her fair face red. In a husky tone, he asked her. “Are you ok?"

“Yes, yes.” Alana hurriedly nodded, and when she looked up, she found his deep eyes already staring back at her. Flustered, she hurriedly looked away and coughed.

“Is he gone now?” She muttered quietly, and Lorenzo’s hand suddenly grasped hers.

“You don’t want to see him?” Lorenzo raised his eyebrow.

“Who would want to see him?” She scoffed, her nose scrunched up in annoyance.

“He had gone inside the studio. Do you want to go somewhere?” Lorenzo tightened his hand around hers.
She wanted to pull her hand from his, but somehow she was also reluctant. There was this feeling of security she found as long as she was near Lorenzo.

After sensing that she seemed to be hesitating, Lorenzo suddenly suggested that they should go to the restaurant for lunch. Alana looked at him with doubt. “Are you not busy?”

He let out a chuckle at her expression and couldn’t help rubbing her hair softly. “Just call me anytime you need me. I am always available.”

Alana had a slightly dazed look on her face, and she turned her head to the side. Her heart suddenly beat a bit faster. Was Lorenzo always like this? She still remembered the cold-faced youth who seemed so unapproachable that people didn’t dare to get close to him. Now, he was even more expressive and no longer as expressionless.

She was suddenly pulled out of her thoughts when she saw a familiar face coming out of the studio. They might have spent too much time conversing here that Albert walked out.

“Let’s go.” Alana dragged him to the car and when they arrived, he flipped their position again and he opened the door. She was a bit startled, but she didn’t waste time to quickly get in the car.

Lorenzo got in the car, and they drove away. Well, not before Alana pulled the car window down and waved at Albert, who seemed to be stunned to see Alana there. He yelled something to her, and she kept on waving, not caring about what he wanted to say.

After he was no longer in sight, she sat in her seat quietly, going back to assuming an elegant pose. Lorenzo was amused seeing her like this and he laughed softly.

Alana covered her face, suddenly realizing that she was being childish, but she indeed had wanted to do that for a while now. Getting on Albert’s nerves turned out to be such a fun activity.

“We have arrived.” Lorenzo immediately exited the car and helped her to open the car door. Alana was surprised, and she smiled as she thanked him.

“It’s on me now. You can order anything you want,” Lorenzo said first before Alana could open her mouth. There was no private room here because the restaurant was could only be accessed by limited people.