Face to face meeting with a goddess (1/3)

The next day...

The sun rose High into the sky, illuminating the sky in a faint glow, the warmth of the sun spilled down from the sky, as a warm atmosphere gradually seeped through the surroundings.

The sound of the singing of birds and the roar of beasts that sounded occasionally woke everyone within the temple of power.

Kenta also slowly opened his eyes and what greeted him was an unfamiliar ceiling.

Sweat could be seen trickling down his brow and his breathing was rough. "... I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of these nightmares." He muttered, to himself.

All his nightmares only showed him the scene of his parents being killed right before his eyes, he couldn't help but wonder why he keeps being reminded of that day even though he was trying his hardest to forget.

'... I already feel regret that I wasn't able to do anything, why do you keep reminding me!' Kenta felt frustrated. He was angry at his dream for reminding him of how weak he truly was, he was angry at the ones who killed his parents!

He was so angry and frustrated with himself that he didn't know what to do! 'Sigh, this is hopeless. I should stop thinking about it.' Kenta thought to himself.

Kenta raised his upper body and sat down onto the bed with a dazed expression on his face. He ruffled his messy blonde-hair and sighed as he finally got to his feet.

The air inside the room was still chilly from the lingering cold night air, so Kenta opened the window to his room, allowing the sun light to glitter through his room.

"Right, today is the day I'll start training... I should go take a shower." He muttered as he quickly went to his indoor bathroom.

Kenta went inside the bathroom and undressed before stepping into the bath, after bathing for 20 minutes he wore a white robe that was already prepared for him.

He still had plenty of clothing he had got inside the city of Zaril but, the white robe they had prepared for him was easier to move around in, and since he is going to be training for the entire day it was the most suitable for him.

Knock!

As Kenta had finished dressing himself there was a soft knock on his door. 'Hm, is that Jessica or, perhaps Leroux?' He wondered as he made his way towards the door. When the door opened the one who greeted him wasn't Jessica, nor was it Leroux like he had expected, but someone else. A young boy who seems to be around his age, or perhaps a little older. The young man had short black hair and wore thin round glasses.

"Um, you are...?" Kenta questioned, curiously. "Oh, uh. I'm Leo, the son of the fifth swords," Leo replied nervously. "..." However, Kenta didn't react to him as he simply observed him bluntly. 'The son of the fifth swords. Huh, the seven swords said to be a group of ridiculously powerful swordsman?' Kenta wondered to himself.

Jessica had informed him about them yesterday, apparently, they were trained by Emerson himself and had gained his acknowledgement already.

Kenta looked at Leo with a scrutinizing gaze as though to evaluate his worth. However, Kenta lost interest in him as he didn't notice anything particularly special about him.

His aura was weak, it wasn't even at the same level as Kenta, which left him a bit disappointed.

"... Well do you need something?" Kenta inquired, he didn't know why Leo had come to his room, but he had a feeling it was for a particular purpose. "Oh, yeah. Well, I was told that you were going to enroll in the same class as me, so the teacher told me to guide you there." Leo replied.