Chapter 2: Host Club!?

When the doors opened, I was blinded by a bright light and rose petals blowing in my face.

"Welcome," I heard a chorus of voices say. When my vision returned to normal I saw six boys standing in front of me. I pulled Haruhi behind me because she was shorter than I and I went into big brother mode.

"Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend their time at the elite private school, Ouran Academy, The Ouran Host Club is where the school's handsomest boys with too much time on there hands entertain young ladies who also, have way too much time on their hands, just think of it as Ouran Academy's elegant playground for the super rich and beautiful," One of the boys said.

"This is a Host Club," I heard Haruhi mumble.

"Just stay behind me, I'll get you out of here, hopefully," I whispered so only she could hear.

"Oh wow it's a boy," a pair of ginger twins said.

"Hikaru, Kaoru, I believe this young man is in the same class as you, isn't he?" a boy with glasses asked.

"Yeah, but he only talks to the other honor student, so we don't know very much about him," they said in unison again.

"Well, that wasn't very polite, welcome to the Host Club, Mr. Honor Student," Glasses said.

"What, you must be Akira Nanami!" A tall blonde with violet eyes said.

"Wait, how did you know my name?" I asked.

"Well, tell me who's behind you first," the guy with glasses said.

"No one," I growled. Some of them flinched back and I could feel Haruhi flinch. "Sorry, Haruhi," I whispered. She sighed and stepped out from behind me.

"Wow, you must be Haruhi fujioka, the other Honor Student!" The blonde guy exclaimed.

"Okay, now how do you know our names?" I asked again.

"Well, it's not everyday someone gets a scholarship to our school, especially a commoner, you must have a very audacious nerve to fight your way in here Mr. Fujioka, and who wouldn't know of the Nanami family's only son," Glasses said.

"Thank you... I guess," Haruhi said.

"You're welcome, you're a hero to other poor people Fujioka, you've shown the world that even a poor person can excel at an elite private academy!" blondie exclaimed. I moved Haruhi away from him and he followed me. "It must be hard for you to be constantly looked down upon by others," He continued.

"I think you're taking this poor thing a little too far," Haruhi said as I kept moving her away from the creepy blonde dude.

"Spurred, neglected, but that doesn't matter now. Long live the poor!" he exclaimed. "We welcome you poor man, to our world of beauty!" he continued, totally forgetting about me.

"We're leaving," I said as I carried Haruhi towards the door.

"Hey, come back here Haru-chan, Aki-chan! Haru-chan, you must be like a superhero or something, that's so cool!" A short blonde exclaimed dragging us back. He's definitely older than he looks, I thought to myself.

"I'm not a Superhero, and who are you calling Haru-chan!" She yelled, looking angry.

"That's nice and all, but me and Haruhi must be going," I said trying to leave again.

"I never would have imagined the two honor students would be so openly gay," blondie said. I froze as did Haruhi.

"Openly what?" Haruhi and I asked together.

"So, tell me what kind of guys are you into, do you like the strong silent type?" he asked gesturing to a tall boy with black hair. "The boy Lolita?" He pointed to the small blonde. "how about the mischievous type?" he pointed to the pair of twins. "Or the cool type" He pointed to glasses.

"It's not like that, we were just looking for a quiet place to study!" I yelled angrily.

"Or maybe, you're into a guy like me, what do ya say?" he asked as he held Haruhi's chin. She backed up and hit a pedestal that was holding a rather expensive renaissance vase. She tried to catch it, but failed so I caught it and moved out of the way before the pedestal could hit me.

"Nice catch Akira," Haruhi exclaimed.

"Yeah, thanks," I replied.

"Yeah good job Aki-chan" the small blonde said jumping on my back making me stumble and drop the vase.

"God dammit, I really didn't want to be in debt, Thanks a lot shorty!" I yelled.

"Aww" The twins started together.

"We were going to sell that renaissance vase at the upcoming school auction," The deeper voiced twin said.

"Now you've done it, the bidding was supposed to start at 8,000,000 yen!" the softer voiced twin said.

"What 8,000,000 yen! how many 1,000 are in a million?" Haruhi screeched.

"I'm going to have to pay you back aren't I?' I asked Glasses.

"That's correct, but we will have to give Mr. Fujioka some of the debt to, it is her fault the vase fell of the pedestal," he said pulling out his phone. "We'll have to contact your father, Mr. Nanami, so we can confirm that you will pay your debt in full." I paled.

"You don't have to call my father," I said. He looked suspicious of why I said that so I came up with a lie. " He would want me to take responsibility and work it off on my own," I said.

"Well, what do you think we should do Tamaki?" Glasses asked.

"There's a famous saying you may have heard of Nanami, Fujioka, when in Rome do as the Roman's so starting today Fujioka, you're the Host Club's dog, and Nanami, you're the Host Club's cat!" exclaimed Blondie whose name turned out to be Tamaki. Haruhi and I froze.

"Poke, Poke," Shorty said poking Haruhi. I snapped out of my frozen state and caught her as she fell.

"What am I going to do with you Haruhi?" I asked her. She only smiled. Maybe it won't be so bad... maybe.