Chapter 28: Haruhi Doesn't Live in Poverty!

Akira's POV

I snuggled deeper into the blankets of the bed when I heard the constant ringing of one of the twin's phone.

"Kaoru get the phone," Hikaru groaned pulling me closer to him.

"No, it's your phone you get it," Kaoru mumbled snuggling into my back. I sighed and sat up with the twins still attached to me. I grabbed the phone and answered it with a sleepy 'hello'

"Akira? Why do you have Hikaru's phone?" he asked. "Nevermind, that doesn't matter, anyway Tamaki wants to visit Haruhi today, so get up, I'll be there in twenty minutes," he finished cutting off the phone connection. I put the phone back and shook the twins.

"No," they whined together hugging me tighter.

"Fine, I guess I'll go to Haruhi's without you," I said and they shot up. "Kyoya-senpai will be here in twenty minutes, get ready," I said getting up and going to my own room. I fell asleep on the car ride home last night so it was easier to sleep with them. I got dressed in what I'd usually wear and made my way downstairs to have breakfast, well lunch really. I had just finished eating when the twins came down and a honk was heard from outside. The twins groaned in sync whining about not eating breakfast. "Stop whining, grab a granola bar and lets go," I said walking to the door.

"Wait for us Akira," Kaoru called out. I sighed and stood by the door waiting for them. They came out and walked over to me. The both took one of my hands and walked out the door and to Kyoya's limo. We climbed in with me in the middle.

"Hi Aki-chan!" Hani exclaimed. I turned my head in his direction.

"Hello Hani-senpai," I said in acknowledgment.

"Hey Akira, long time no see!" Madi exclaimed sitting next to Kyoya. I gave her a small, almost unnoticeable smile. It took awhile to get to Haruhi's apartment complex, but we made it. A bunch of people surrounded our car and the chauffeur let us out. I stood in the back as they all made comments. I looked around and saw Haruhi leaning on a pole with her head. I chuckled and walked over to her.

"Hey Haruhi, you okay?" I asked leaning on the pole next to her. She groaned and looked at me.

"Akira, why are they here," she asked looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders and looked over to see Kyoya pushing the twins away from the apartment complex with Madi following. I chuckled and looked over to Haruhi to see her glaring at them. I tuned into the clubs conversation when Haruhi moved closer to them.

"-don't say anything that might offend Haruhi or her father and cause them to ask us to leave," Tamaki instructed the club.

"Well it's too late for that, go away," she said shaking in anger. I sighed and put my hand on her head trying to calm her down, it worked, but then they decided to comment on the dress she was wearing calling it 'cute'.

"Shut up, get the hell out of here!" she yelled causing Tamaki to shriek and yell at the twins saying it was there fault. I patted her head one more time before joining Madi and the rest of the club and watched from the sidelines. Haruhi's landlady came over to Haruhi and asked if everything was okay, but got caught in Tamaki's charm and told Haruhi she would bring snacks for us. I sighed at how quickly she fell for his charm. I looked at Haruhi to see her sweat dropping. I walked over to the twins and nudged myself in between them before following Haruhi up the stairs and to her apartment.

"Okay, here's the deal, I'm only giving you guys a quick peek, three seconds and then you all go home, got it?" she said before looking back at us. Hani held up a box full of cake slices and smiled.

"Look I brought you a gift, Haru-chan, I know how you love cake, there's both chocolate and strawberry and I think we should have some!" Hani said. Haruhi sighed and turned back toward her door and unlocking it.