Chapter 6

Steve's POV

After meeting a few more people, I decided things were going surprisingly well.

However, Ace started looking very pale and kept zoning out in the middle of conversations.

I decided to take him aside and make sure he was okay. He allowed me to pull to a secluded hallway away from the rest of the party.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked once we were in the hallway.

He pressed his back against the wall and smiled slightly.

"I'm fine, Steve. Just a bit tired," he said trying to convince me. I tried to inspect his face in the low lighting. His eyes had a dull shine and he looked drained.

I stepped closer to him and took one of his hands in mine.

"You sure? I can take you home," I offered. He shook his head slightly.

"It's okay. I want to hang out with you," he said with a slight smile but I could hear the exhaustion in his voice. He must have felt uncomfortable under my gaze because he turned his head and looked at the floor.

"Ace?" I said softly.

He sighed and looked back up at me.

"It's just hard, y'know? Trying to provide for a family. I've been working three jobs and I still can't-" he sighed again. "I'm sorry. I'll worry about it later."

My heart went out to him for taking up so much responsibility.  I didn't want him to think that I wasn't here for him.

I rested my forehead on his and rubbed my finger absentmindedly across his stubble. He sighed in content and smiled.

I smiled too as my plan for calming him down was working. What I hadn't planned for was for him to lean in the rest of the way and connect our lips.

My face got hot at the feeling of his lips on mine. I didn't kiss back out of shock and he immediately pulled back.

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry. I didn't-"

I leaned back in captured his lips in mine for a quick second before pulling away.

"It's okay. I liked it," I whispered. He grinned before kissing me again eagerly.

Tony's POV

I lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes tonight but now I just wished my eyes would roll all the way back in my head allowing me to have seizure.

A seizure would be better than what I just witnessed.

Steve and Ace were kissing.

I'm not homophobic or anything but the sight gave me a funny feeling in my stomach and I felt like I was going to throw up.

I also wanted to stomp Ace's face into the ground. I felt so angry and conflicted as I walked back to the party.

I really need to see a professional.

Lucky for me, I knew just the person to see. I wandered back into the main living room and found just the man I was looking for. I plopped down next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Bruuucee," I whined like a child. He just laughed and rolled his eyes.

"What is it, Tony?"

"I need professional help," I pouted.

"I think we all know that," he retorted.

I frowned and glared at him. I was about to snap at him when Steve came into view with Ace by his side.

Their lips were slightly swollen from kissing and whatever else they were doing back there. Steve's hair also wasn't as "neat" as it was at the beginning of the party.

"I'm going to take Ace home," Steve said speaking up.

Oh, my gosh. Please, somebody, make it stop. It made it even worse that I felt a pang of jealousy.

"You guys have a nice night. It was great meeting you," Ace said with a smile.

"Whatever," I mumbled. They both looked at me in shock and I resisted the urge to flick them off.

"It was nice meeting you, too," Bruce said covering up my remark.

They nodded and I turned back to face Bruce.

"I really need help. You're a doctor, right?" I asked.

"I'm not that kind of doctor," he replied apologetically.

I squished my face between his arm and the couch and groaned loudly.

"But as your friend, I'm here for you. What's wrong?" He asked.

"IuhinkIikeebe," I said muffled since I was still suffocating myself between the couch and his arm.

"What?" He laughed and moved so he could hear me. I sat up straight and sighed.

"I think I like Steve," I whispered.

Bruce stared at me in disbelief. I bit my lip about to open my mouth and take it back when he spoke up.

"Seriously? You and Steve bicker and fight so much that you could start a war and you're saying you like him?"

Wow, he's right. I guess Clint was right when he said I should be nicer to Steve.

"Well I don't like him with Ace but that doesn't mean I want to be with him, does it? I mean he deserves to be happy but I don't want him to be with anyone else," I said trying to explain.

He stared at me a little longer, searching my face.

"I don't know, its complicated," I said again.

"Look, I just found out about Steve being gay too but I know you, Tony. You can't stand Steve and I feel like you're going to use this new information to make his life miserable," Bruce said.

I looked at him in shock. Why would I ever do that to Steve? He really is a nice guy and anyone would be happy to be with him.

Wait, what am I saying?

"Steve deserves to be happy so you need to be sure that you like him," Bruce said trying to get me to understand.

"How do I do that?" I asked.

"That's for you to find out."

***A/N***

Thoughts?

I hope everyone is still liking this fic :(

I promise I have juicy drama coming up I've just been a bit busy.

Plans for labor day weekend?

Thanks so much for reading/voting/commenting (as always) !

Byeee!