Chapter 20

***A/N***

Outfits and car is above!

Tony's POV

The four of us were traveling to the party for this 'undercover mission'. Clint was driving with Steve in the passenger seat. Tasha and I were sitting in the back of the car.

I still had no idea what we were doing for this mission since I was just alerted of this mission thirty minutes ago.

"So what's our plan?" I asked in the quiet car.

"Clint was supposed to tell you," Tasha sighed.

"I did! Well, I was going to-"

"No, you were too busy with you're boy toy," she mocked. Clint gasped and looked at her in the rearview mirror. His eyes held so much fury and I could tell he was about to flip shit before I spoke up.

"He's right, Tasha. He did tell me. I just forgot," I said covering for my friend.

She rose her brow and looked at me curiously. I looked back in the mirror at Clint and he looked significantly calmer. His eyes were softer and he sent me a thankful smile.

I sent him a small smile back before turning back to Natasha.

"So refresh my memory, dear. What should I do?"

"Just find a quiet place and be ready to crack the code on safe that is holding the files," she said.

"That's it?"

She shrugged, "We also need you to watch our back."

"So basically just hacking?"

"Yeah, can you handle it?"

"You know, I once cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare," I said with a grin. She laughed and rolled her eyes.

"We're here," Clint said calmly, "ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," Steve said under his breath. Clint rolled the car around to the front of the mansion.

I had to wait until Steve got out of the car before Tasha and I could jump out. When Steve got out, he pulled his seat up and helped me get out with his hand extended for me to take. I felt my face heat up at the gesture but quickly turned around to help Tasha out.

Clint sped off in my silver, sports car probably to find a good branch to perch on. As I stepped into the party, the smell of alcohol hit me in a wonderful wave and I noticed all the other rich looking people around.

Steve turned around and said, "Keep your comms on. No one leaves before the mission is completed."

He stared right at me as he said that and I felt a bit guilty that I held the record for bailing on the team.

"Yeah yeah, Capsicle. Be careful," I muttered before slipping away from them to find a place I can use to tap the security system from.

I noticed the high security on the way inside along with all the alarms and cameras. I can easily access the camera's video processor to watch what's going on.

I headed to the key spot that's usually quiet in these types of houses. A few girls and drinks were thrown my way but I just brushed them off reminding myself of the mission.

I made it to the small closet where the electricity unit was located and slipped inside. I pulled out my transparent cell phone and set it on top of one of the heaters.