Chapter 10

Steve's POV

"Just a beer, please," I said sliding onto the bar seat of Dominic's.

Ace isn't here.

He must have today off. Maybe it's best that I don't see him since my feelings are confused.

The scruffy looking bartender placed my beer in front of me and I thanked him with a nod. I took a sip of the alcohol that would only numb my body for a second.

Sometimes, I think Tony is lucky because he can get drunk. He can drown his feelings and forget all about me.

I can't.

Even if I was frozen in ice again, I couldn't forget Tony.

"What's a handsome guy like you doing in a bar like this?"

I looked up from my depressing drink to see Ace stepping behind the bar with a bright smile.

"Oh, hey. Didn't think you were working today," I said with a small smile.

"Is everything okay?" He asked warily, his smile falling a bit.

Someone asked him for a drink but he was still talking to me while fixing it.

"Yeah, just a lot on my mind," I said trying to get off the subject of me.

He handed the man his drink and leaned over the bar on his arms to look at me fully. He studied me for a while before saying:

"It's because of the party, isn't it?"

I was a bit shocked that he could read me that easily and when I didn't respond he just took it as a 'yes'.

"Did your team know about...?" He trailed off but I knew what he was hinting to.

"No, I just came out to them the other day," I said awkwardly scratching my head.

"I could tell," he said with a slight smile.

"I'm sorry if it was a waste of your time or anything-"

"No, no. It was fun," he laughed and began cleaning a glass.

"It seemed everyone reacted well to you, though. You're a real people person," I complimented with a smile.

"Yeah, except for that one guy-"

"I'm sorry. Tony is like that with everyone," I said already knowing who he meant.

I took a few more sips of my beer and he took another order before talking again.

"So, is he why you're in here tonight?"

I blinked at him a few times in confusion.

"Who?" I asked taking another sip of beer.

"Tony."

I nearly choked and Ace chuckled at my over dramatic behavior.

"Why would you say that?" I asked seriously.

"Well...let's just say if looks could kill, I'd be dead right now." He chuckled and threw the drying towel over his shoulder.

"Was it that obvious?" I spoke barely above a whisper. I didn't notice Tony's jealousy at the party. I thought he hated me until last night in the lab.

"Yes, Steve, it was." He laughed, "Did you two have something?"

"What? N-no, we just- I just-"

"Whoa, whoa. It's fine," Ace said with a smile, "You don't have to tell me."

"Yo, Ace," someone called him from a back office. "A Peggy Carter is on the line for you."

"Peggy Carter?" I asked. The name rung a bell.

"Yeah, it's my mom," he smiled softly, "be right back."

I nodded but continued to think about the name.

Peggy.

It sounded so familiar. I tried to think of where I've heard that before it came to me.

'I've gotta put her in the water,' I said over the comms. I was flying a plane with multiple bombs on them that would explode in the next few minutes.

'Steve, no! You don't have to do this," a woman's voice replied over the comms.

'Yes I do, Peggy. There's no other way,' I said sadly and directed the plane downwards. 'ETA Time 40 seconds.'

'Bucky would be proud,' she practically whispered.

I couldn't see her put I had a picture in my compass that sat on the dashboard of the plane. It was folded pictures of her and the man I remembered as Bucky.

'Yeah,' I said sadly, 'yeah, I know.'

I was very close to the water now and I tried not to think about everything that I was giving up.

'Goodbye, Captain Rogers.'

'Goodbye, Agent Carter.'

My flashback ended and I realized I was still sitting at the bar. I was stiff in my seat and I felt someone's hand on mine.

"Steve? Are you alright?" Ace asked softly.

I wasn't okay. I'm going into shock again and I really needed to get home. I tried to stand but I just fell to the floor.

I must have knocked over a few glasses because I heard a shattering noise and everyone looked at me strangely.

Ace was at my side in an instant.

"Steve, talk to me. What's wrong?" He asked calming.

I couldn't think straight.

I was freezing.

I hugged my knees to my chest in attempt to get warm but I couldn't. My teeth chattered rapidly. I could hear Ace's voice beside me but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

He wrapped his jacket around me and pulled me to his chest.

"Steve, please. What do I do?" He begged. I knew he was probably freaked out because I was going into shock in the middle of the restaurant.

"C-Call T-Tony," I chattered.

He looked uncertain but I managed to convince him with a single plead.

"Pl-please."

He looked uncertain but still nodded and searched for my phone, which was in my jacket pocket. I'm glad I didn't have a password lock on it because my teeth were chattering uncontrollably and I couldn't talk.

"Hey, Tony. It's Ace."

"No, no! Don't hang up, please! Steve is panicking and cold to the touch and I really don't know what to d-"

"I don't know! He told me to call you!"

"Please, hurry. He's barely breathing."

I closed my eyes praying Tony would be here in time. The last I heard was Ace's voice begging me to stay awake before I fell into another heartbreaking flashback.

***A/N***

Three updates in one weekend?!

Omg.

I'm spoiling you guys lol don't get used to this!

I just wanted to give you guys a bit of drama before the week gets started XD

How was everyone's weekend? Good? Fun? That's good lol.

Enjoy the chapter? :)

What do you think?

Thanks for reads/votes/ comments!!

Byeee!