Chapter 23

Sarah POV

"Sarah, please don't feel guilty for me,"

"I'm ok, really, Mary." We sit there drinking our wine. Half an hour later, the guys come through the door. Darren comes straight to me and hugs me. I'm happy to be in his arms. Trevor sits with Tess, and Mary is sitting in a chair, we
Laugh  as Steve picks her up and places her on his lap.

"You ok?"

"I am Steve it's Sarah that's stressing out, although I have told her not to." they all look at me.

"I'll work on it." We get the food it's been a long day. I am starved

"What else needs doing, Trevor?" Tess asks

"Well, it's empty. The skips are gone to a new front door, and tomorrow, go look for a new kitchen and bathroom and carpets as well."

"Are you sure about selling it, honey?"

"Yes, mom, can I leave the showings to you? I don't want to go back, I just want to move on. Plus, I live here now, and I just want things to go back to normal. "

"Ok honey, we will take care of everything."

"Thanks, mom." it's nearly ten pm, and I'm so tired, me and Darren. Head home

"You alright?"

"Yes, just tired. I hope nothing else happens,"

"Hey, even it does. we will handle it." I kiss Darren, sliding my hands under his shirt. I push it up and throw it to the floor.

"You sure you want this?" My only response is to slam my lips back onto his, sliding his hands down my back to my butt he lifts me, and I wrap my legs around his waist. Walking to the bedroom, we fall onto the bed, Darren makes quick work of my clothes.

"Please don't make me wait. I need you to fill me up," he thrusts into me, hitting my sweet spot. I cry out, tears rolling down my face, and Darren stops.

"Am I hurting you, baby?"

"No, I need you. I'm just emotional. Please don't stop." he thrusts into me again again pushing me into the mattress, I cum screaming his name a few more thrusts he comes in me. He goes to move I hold him to me, he leans on his elbows his hands either side of my face. He wipes away the tears.

"I hate seeing you cry,"

"I'm ok. I'm not sad. I'm just... it's hard to explain. I need this release, I guess. "

"I'm always here for you. Never forget that,"

"I love you,"

"Baby, I love you so much."

Going to the bathroom, we clean up, getting into bed. I snuggle into Darren and fall asleep.

Opening my eyes, I stretch, turning over. I'm on my own. I grab my robe and walk to the kitchen. There is no Darren, no note, nothing, not thinking anything, I make a cup of tea and sit on the sofa. I think of everything that has happened shaking my head. I can't believe it s like it's happened to someone else. I don't hear the door open, but I see Mary and Steve and Darren walk in.

"Hey, what have you been up to?" Mary sits next to me. "Sarah, we need to talk to get this all out. I don't want what Anna has done to come between us,"

"It won't,"

"Look I don't want to beat yourself up over her she was or you thought she was your friend for a long time, she completely shit all over that, I have no idea how you are doing, talk to me. I'm here for you just like you're here for me. " I didn't notice the tears, but I laugh anyway.

"Mary, when did you get all confident?"

"I had a good friend who was always there for me and who now needs me to be there for her." That's when I burst into tears, Mary wraps her arms around me and holds me till I stop.

"Guess I needed that thanks Mary, I'm finding it hard coming to terms with it, I meant what I said when I said I hated her cause I do, she makes me feel like a fool all that time wasted. she lied to me then threw me out with nowhere to go at the time, Darren she tried to get rid of him and how about the others, I use to tell her I loved her called her babe for fuck sake. Mary, I got undressed. In front of her, I don't give a shit. She likes women and not men it's all the lying I hate, and I'm scared in case it happens again truthfully. "

"I understand that, but she started off on a lie. we have been friends for years as well, Darren. I think it's time," Mary says

"Time for what?" Darren looks at me and smiles he walks into another room and comes back with another box he places it at the side of me.

"What's this?"

"Open it." I open the box and look inside. I laugh with tears of joy, putting my hands inside the box. I pick up a beautiful Labrador puppy

"Hi baby." I kiss her and hold her close she licks under my chin, making me laugh. "You got me a puppy."

"Yep, I was going out this morning and saw this little guy who needed a home. I knew you would love her,"

"I do thank you so much, Darren,"

"So what you going to name her?"

"Lilly, I like that name,"

"That's a good name, Sarah."

"Thank you, Steve,"

"Did you get her things?" I ask Darren, scratches his head.

"Um, no, I thought you and Mary would want to go. me and Steve will look after her,"

"You want to go, Mary?"

"Of course."

"I'll go get dressed." I walk over to Darren. "Go to Daddy's baby girl." I give her to Darren and kiss him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, baby." I go to the bedroom to get dressed throwing on some jeans and a jumper ,I go back to the living room to see them all on the floor with Lilly going to each of them, Lilly sees me and stumbles over Darren's leg wagging her tail. she comes over to me, picking her up. I hold her close, and she licks my face. Walking back over to all of them, I sit on the floor as well. I put her down, Lilly just sitting down in front of me. we all laugh.

"Well, it looks like she knows who her mom is," Mary says, laughing. I get up walking to the kitchen, grabbing a bowl I get her some water, looking in the fridge I get a bit of chicken and place it at the end of the isle next to her water.

"There that should be ok till we get back, isn't that right, baby girl?" Lilly wags her tail at me. I grab my bag and get my phone and keys along with my wallet, walking back to the sofa I sit down.

"Darren, I want you to get Mr Anderson to come see me. I want to get a restraining order in place. I want all my bases covered."

"That's fine, baby. I'll do it tomorrow,"

"Thanks, sweetie." I kiss Darren "Mary are you ready to go?"

"I am. Let me just get my bag." I see Lilly come waddle over and sniff Steve trousers he leans over and pats her.
"Ok, I'm ready,"

"Ok, see you later, guys." I bend down "bye Lilly mommy will see you soon. " Kissing her head, I make my way out with Mary.