•14•

"Boo." He whispered, as he placed his big hands over my eyes. He's been trying to scare me for the past 3 days, but I'm a werewolf, and I don't scare that easily.

"You aren't scary." I laugh as I pull his hands away from my eyes and wrap my hand around it.

"Just because you're scarier than me doesn't mean I'm not scary, Haven." Kiran said in a cheery tone. I don't know what he's done, but it isn't good.

"What have you done?" I speak up as the bubble of nervousness starts to build in my chest.

He looked at me, with a 'too-big-to-mean-anything-good' smile on his face. "I've made plans."

"Mm, and so have I." I throw back at him, wiping that smile off his face. I jump up from the couch, saying over my shoulder. "We'll do it later, I'm going back to my old pack with Kara."

Just as I receive the text Kara is outside. Kiran almost tackles me. "What the hell?" I squeal at his rash actions.

"Why are you going back to your old pack?" Kiran demands in an alerted tone. Awe, he thinks I'm going to leave them. I couldn't do that even if I tried.

"We're looking for Kara's mate." My tone was one of an unimpressed woman.

Kiran looks taken aback for a minute. Before he pulled himself together enough to form words. "You- You're really doing this for her?"

He looked about ready to cry, oh goddess. What has happened to Kara? "Kiran? Of course I would do that. She's my friends, she deserves it. What would make you think I wouldn't?" I asked as I wrapped myself around him.

"It's just...been so hard for her. Not everyone is nice, and most people doubt her abilities as beta." He whispered, before giving me a sweet, lingering kiss. "Thank you, baby."

"It's never a problem with Kara." I smile at him, before untangling myself from his body. "I better go, she's out front."

He smiled at me and gave me another, sweet kiss. "Have fun, baby, and good luck." He called after me, as a walked at a brisk pace to reach the door.

Just before I closed the door I heard something. Some words along the line of, 'love you'. That can't be right, I should get my ears checked.

I walk toward the grey BMW that was sitting out the front. The drivers window was rolled down and I noticed Kara staring down at her lap.

I pushed my thoughts aside and noted how distracted she seemed. She hadn't noticed me yet, so I decided I'd have a few laughs.

I crept up to the open window, and casually screamed in her ear. "Let go of your dick, Kara." Was what I threw at her.

She squealed like a little girl and her phone flew up in the air. "Holy shit!" She yelled at me. "What the fuck?" I was dying in a fit of laughs. I had to rest my hand on the car door to support my shaking body.

"Seriously Haven?" She exclaimed in annoyance. "Get in the fucking car."

"Alright, alright." I laughed as I walked around to the passenger seat.

"Does your dad know we're coming?" Kara asked calmly, pulling away from the house.

I pulled my phone out. "Not yet, I'll text him now." I slide it open and compose a new message.

"What do you mean he doesn't know yet?" Kara asked.

"Well he knows we're coming just not when, so I'm telling him now." I inform her as I type the message up.

She quickly looks at me once we're on a straight piece of road. "Right, music?"

"Of course." Came my reply, so she hit a few buttons and Crazy In Love by Beyoncé came on.

We just had to sing along.

After 2 and a half hours we finally pulled up to the building that was my pack house. Well I guess it's one of my pack houses, since my mates have one each. That gives me three. Wow.

"Don't judge it just because it's small." I said quickly, as I watched Kara look around.

She laughed, and with a big smile responded to me. "You're weird, Haven. Why would I judge something just because it's small? Have you seen yourself?" She laughed again.

"Just because I'm small doesn't mean I'm not fabulous." I laugh with her.

"So I've noticed. I don't judge things just because they're small. Like if my mate has a small dick, doesn't mean he isn't good at sex." She stated, matter of factly, and got out of the car.

I got out as well. Once I'd shut the door I finally looked around the whole place. Nothing much had changed. The grass was a bit greener, but that was all.

"Haven!" A familiar voice bellowed from the front of the pack house. I looked in his direction and saw Samuel.

"Come on." I said to Kara, and walked towards him.

"I've missed you Venny." He said, using the nickname I hated, and brought me into a bear hug.

I laugh and hugged him back. "I've missed you two Sammy."

"Oh, Ven, it's been what? A week? And everyone already misses you. You're father is so happy you're back." He rambled on, before her stopped. "And you must be Kara?" He asked looking at her.

"Yes, hello. It's lovely to finally come here." She said politely, a beautiful smile graced her face.

"It's lovely to have you here. Now come on in, your dad is in his office." He said the last bit directly to me.

"Thanks Sam." I smiled at him as he walked off. "We'll go say hey to my dad, then we'll look for your mate. Ok?" I asked Kara, noticing the way she looked around.

Yes, he was definitely in my pack.

"Oh, yeah, ok." Was the only thing she said, and I lead her down the corridors to my dads office.

-wow 2k reads. Thank you so much. Sorry about the filler the next one will be better. I hope. Enjoy chickens.