•44•

We walked down the long, white hallway for what seemed like an age.

Then, there was a sharp left and another long, long, white hallway. These hallways didn't even have doors on the sides, just endless white walls.

"Why are these hallways so empty?" I asked Finn.

"They aren't empty." He answered.

"What do you mean?"

"The doors are hidden, only the doctor for that room can enter." He said, looking at specific places on the walls.

"I saw my door..." I said in confusion.

"Patients can see their doors." He told me.

"Oh." I said, simply.

"Yes, well, we must hurry. Someone might see you and ask questions." He was looking around. I couldn't even see the end of this hallway.

It was white and bright. There would be nowhere to hide if someone appeared.

I agreed with him and we increased the pace at which we walked. "Be ready to run." He said quietly.

"Why?" I had to ask. I don't particularly enjoy running. Anything but running!

"Because if we hear voices. We've got to make it to the end of this hallway before those voices become bodies."

"Bodies with eyes?" I ask in mock horror.

"Yes. Bodies with eyes." He said monotone.

"That ain't good." I said loudly.

"Hush. Bodies have ears too." He whisper yelled at me.

"Sorry." I whispered back.

Suddenly we heard an agonized scream. I cringed. "What was that?"

"We are approaching the experimental division." He told me quietly.

"What the hell does that mean!" Experimental division? What are they experimenting on that would make that sound.

"They do experiments. I'm not apart of it." He said in a hushed voice. Speeding up to get past it faster.

"Is it right here?" I asked emotionless.

"No, it's just around the corner..." He said cautiously.

We heard another ear piercing scream, this one was far louder and you could almost feel the pain this person was in.

"How many experiments would be going on at the same time?"

"Only one. Maybe two. There aren't many staff in this division. It's voluntary. Not many of the doctors want to do it."

"How many rooms are there?"

"Six. Why?" He was looking suspicious.

But the plan was already forming inside my head.

I slowed down. "OK, so, if someone - not me, like a doctor - wanted to get in to a room that hadn't be assigned to them. How would they?"

"Well, they would probably have to smash the wall. The doors only exists to the doctor who is assigned it, and to the patient inside." He said, giving me a questioning look, but not saying anything.

So I'm going to have to smash the wall.

Ah, that won't be too hard.

"What are you going to do Haven?" He asked me, the suspicious look made me realized how obvious I was being.