•47•

"You should've called for us." I told her.

"I know, but I didn't want to." She said, amusement sparkling in her eyes.

"This isn't a joke! You've got to rest so you'll be able to leave." I slammed my hand onto the table top.

"Chill out Haven." Finn said.

I turned my wrath to you. "Chill out? Chill out! How can you tell me to 'chill out' when our lives are on the line!"

Dylan came up to me and sat me down on one of the chair. "You need to just breath H. Nothing will be solved by getting angry." He said rationally.

I like this boy more and more every minute I spend with him.

Listening to him, I took deep breathes to calm down. In, out. In, out. In, out. I keep my rhythm going for a few minutes.

"How do you feel now?" I heard Dylan ask softly, sounding near my ear.

"Better. Calmer." I told Dylan.

"Good. Now let's talk about your escape plan." Finn responded for him.

After a few hours of working on the escape plan, Finn announced that he was leaving for work. Dylan saw him out the door before coming back to us.

"How are you guys? Ready to sleep?" He asked, sounding tired.

"Sleep is for the weak!" I announced in what I thought was a loud voice, but it was just above a whisper.

"I'm ready." Sable announced.

"Ok. Well I hope you guys don't mind but, you'll have to sleep in the same room." He said, sounding uncomfortable.

"I'm good if you're good." Sable said, looking at me.

"It doesn't worry me." I smiled at Dylan. "Can I help with making the beds?"

"That would be greatly appreciated." He said before heading in the direction of the stair case.

"Umm, guys?" Sable called to us.

"What's up?" I asked her, hurry back to see if something was wrong.

She sighed. "Can't you take me with you, I don't want to sit here alone." She frowned at me. A flash of nervousness was in her eyes, but then it was gone.

"Oh yeah, of course." I said and the relief was visible on her face.

Dylan and I helped her stand on her good leg, we then proceeded to have her hop while we supported her. We got her to the safety of the second bedroom on the second floor.

We sat her on the already made bed. "You can have the bed, I'll take the floor." I told her with a yawn.

"Oh, don't worry about that, we have a stretcher you can sleep on. It's actually really comfy." Dylan said, heading out of the room.

I followed him. "A stretcher? Like one of those hospital ones?" I asked worriedly.

Dylan laughed at me. "No, silly, a camping stretcher bed."

"Oh. That's much more comforting." I said with a small laugh as he handed me linen to go on the stretcher.

We headed back to the bedroom without another word.

The stretcher was surprisingly easy to set up. All we had to do was unfold the legs and put the sheets on.

Sable sat on the bed watching us the whole time. She didn't say anything, and just observed us get everything ready.

"Do you have anything we can change into?" I asked Dylan, noticing how tired Sable looked.

"Oh yeah. I'll just get you two like a shirts or something." He said before running off.

"That'd be helpful, thanks." I muttered as he disappeared into another room, which I assumed was the master bedroom.

Sable sighed audibly, and I turned to look in her direction. "I know this is a lot to ask, but would you be able to help me change my bandage?" She sounded so vulnerable and she couldn't look at me in the eyes.

"Of course I can help you change the bandage. I'm glad you asked instead of struggling by yourself." I smiled at her.

"Faleminderit." She said with a soft smile on her face. I noticed how beautiful she was with a small dimple in her right cheek and her eyes twinkled.

I wonder what her mate will look like.

He'll probably be tall and strong. A big werewolf, a warrior maybe, or even an alpha. She'll needs someone to protect her when we finally get away.

Dylan came back in with two large silk button up pyjama shirts. "I thought you guys would be most comfortable in these." He passed the two shirts to me.

"Ok, thanks Dylan." I smiled at him. Waiting for him to leave.

Although, when he didn't, it was a bit awkward. "Why are you looking at me strangely?" He asked me in confusion.

"You need to leave." I told him in a monotone.

"Oh yeah." He laughed. "Sorry, I'm going now."

Once he was out of the room and had closed the door. Sable pulled off another one of Dylan's shirts.

I handed her one of the silk pyjama shorts and changed into my own. Pulling my jeans off, I had discarded my boots at the front door and I was just left in underwear, socks and that massive shirt.

"I'll be right back." I told sable and rushed down to the kitchen to grab the first aid kit.

"Can I come back now?" Dylan called from the lounge room.

I threw a 'yes' in his direction and headed but up the the bedroom. Once I reached the room, I found a tired looking Sable stretched back onto the bed.

"Let's just move you around and cleanup you leg a bit." I heard what sounded like a fake snore in response. "Are you faking to be asleep!"

She tried to snore again but just ended up laughing. "I'm sorry. I just thought it would be funny." She said between laughter.

"You're so not sorry." I frowned at her, putting my hands on my hips.

"You're right, I'm not." She said with an 'innocent' smile on her face as she lifted her legs up onto the bed.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Let's just change the bandaging."

-yay done and it's only been a week. I'll try to get back into writing it's just I have riding and social media to distract me.