•27•

Ally's face lost all of its colour, and in what felt like slow motion, I flipped her over and onto her back.

"Nah, I really am." I told her pale face with a laugh before jumping up and off her. "Get up!"

She did as I told her. Get slowly to her feet, I hadn't even done anything yet. She thinks it's bad now, just wait.

"Come at me!" I yelled at her.

She did as I told her, running towards me, I easily dodged her and grabbed her arm, spinning her around and flinging her the other way.

She stumbled to a stop, turning around and looking slightly shocked.

"Small but powerful." A deep voice said, interrupting our small fight. We both looked over to see Josh standing on the edge of our small circle.

I felt Amazon start to become happy inside of me. But I just growled and turned away. "Won't you just come at me?" I yelled at Ally.

"Don't bother Ally, she'll just hurt you." Josh told her, before walking towards me.

"Don't come near me." I started to say but he just came closer. "Don't you fucking dare!" I screamed.

"Haven..." He said softly.

And there it was, that crippling pain that hit me in the gut and made me want to double over. But I couldn't, he couldn't know how much it hurt me.

I watched him stop, and saw the pain form in his eyes, and then I felt it.

That stray tear that had escaped my eyes and was now running down my cheek. He had seen it, and now knew he'd won.

He had caused me pain, and he knew it.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." He said plainly before taking another step forward. "I'm so, so sorry I hurt you Haven." I watched his eyes carefully.

He wasn't lying.

"Why Josh?" I was almost crying, the wound was still so fresh and the darkness that surrounded me was making me feel even more exposed.

"It's not what you think baby." He told me, taking a step towards me.

I took two back.

"Haven, I love you." He just said it. Trying to come closer but I just took more steps back. "I would never hurt you."

"You're lying." I told him.

"No I'm not-"

"You are, you've already hurt me, so saying that you'd never hurt me, is in fact, a lie." I informed him as I received another stab of pain.

"Baby..." He looked like he was being ripped from the inside. I watched as all his emotions played in his eyes. Sadness, pain, regret. It was all there.

"You need to leave Josh." I said as I looked at the grass, feeling another wave of pain hit my body.

I was starting to shake.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sounding worried. Before I knew it, he had pulled me into a tight embrace.

"No, not until you leave." I was struggling to break away from his hold.

"It wasn't what you thought." He told me, before releasing me, causing me to stumble a few steps.

"Don't lie." At this moment, I really couldn't tell.

"I know you can tell when people are lying. Do I look like I'm lying?" He stared right into my eyes.

"No." I mumbled.

"Do you still believe I cheated on you?" He asked, slightly nervously I might add.

"I don't know anymore." I said shakily.

"I didn't." He yelled. "I would never." He told me quietly.

That's when the tears burst through. I just broke down, right there and then. His instant reaction was to grab me and bring me to him.

Although I started to fight him. Soon enough I had been overcome by sobs and let him hold me in his arms. Which he then rocked me and whispered sweet nothings in my ear.

Soon I was calm and my body wasn't racked with sobs. But he still held me.

"Come on." And he carried me out of the darkness and into the light of the porch. He walked past all the spectators, pushed open a door and strode through it.

Eventually we made it to my room. Kiran stood as soon as we entered. "Haven? Josh?" Kiran asked, confused.

Josh gently put me down on the bed, pulling my shoes off, and changing my shirt. He tucked me into my bed without saying a word. Soon he was pulling Kiran out of the room and turning the light off.

I couldn't hear them through the wall. A few times someone raised their voice but it was muffled.

Although my body didn't move, my eyes continuously flickered all over the roof. The light from the moon came through the top of the blinds and hit the roof.

I felt heavy, like I couldn't lift a finger. It must have been all that had happened in the past few hours catching up with me.

I found the strength to turn my head and look at the digital alarm clock on the side of my bed. It was still plugged in and read 3:24am. No wonder I was tired, not only did I sleep badly before now, I had been doing stuff for hours and it was time I slept.

But I couldn't, I felt like I was alone again. That was always a big problem for me when I was younger.

I couldn't sleep because I felt like I was alone. Am I the only one who struggle to sleep when I feel like there will be no one to wake up to?

I heard the door click open, and immediately sat up, turning my body towards whoever was walking in.

It was Josh.

"Haven, baby, you gotta know I would never, ever cheat on you. I would die without you, so why would I cheat on you?" He told me as soon as he had closed the door behind himself.

"Then what were you doing?" I asked, my voice was soft.

"I was just asking her to do something for me, for you." He said, sitting on the bed.

"Flirting is cheating."

-finally I updated. It's only been a week and you're welcome and holy crap 67k read I'm amazing thank you so much ok bye.