Chapter 7

I walked into the Host Club a few days later and stopped dead in my tracks. The room was covered in trees and plants! It was like some tropical paradise! Hell, there were even animals!

When I looked over at the members, I gaped, "What are you guys wearing?" They were all dressed as someone from a rich island would wear. They were rich, so it made some sense.

"Can't you tell? We're dressed as royalty from the beautiful tropical paradise, Bali!" Tamaki grinned.

Kyoya explained, pushing his glasses up on his nose, "We like to do themes every once in a while. It keeps things interesting."

I pulled on the collar of my uniform and commented, "It's a bit hot in here, isn't it?"

Honey told me, "We have the best heating system!"

"It's so cold out, I thought it'd be nice to surprise the ladies with a warmer climate! Also, we have a costume for you as well. You'll feel better once you're wearing it," Tamaki said.

"Oh, no. I'm not dressing up. I'm just supposed to be the person helping behind the scenes," I dismissed, walking past the group.

"Hikaru, Kaoru, you know what to do," he snapped his fingers.

"Yeah, boss!" the twins answered. They grabbed my hands and dragged me all the way to the changing rooms. Then, they pushed me in and closed the curtains, saying, "Costume's already in there!"

I sighed, irritated. If I didn't have a debt to pay off, I would have walked out. Unfortunately, I didn't have that luxury, so I hurried to put it on. It was a white dress with only one thick shoulder strap. There was a gold band of silk around the waist. There was also a red cloth with yellow diamonds on it that hung from my hips to almost the bottom of the dress. I was given a gold armband, large necklace, and bracelet. A small gold head piece with red gems and a gold strand with a blue stone on the end on both sides of the piece was given to me. There were no shoes, as I was supposed to be barefoot.

I walked out and saw them all waiting, besides Haruhi. I looked again at Tamaki's outfit and frowned. Tamaki gushed, "You look exactly like a Balinese Princess, Azami! I knew it would look good on you!"

Honey exclaimed, "You look so cute, Aza-chan!"

"Why did I have to be a princess when you're a king, Tamaki? Doesn't that mean we're matching and I'm your daughter?" I asked.

"Yep!" he nodded, smiling. I stood there, confused. "Alright, everyone! Get into place! We're open for business!"

Apparently, I wasn't going to be behind the scenes. I had to set up at the drink bar and do my work there, so everyone could clearly see me. Kyoya was standing near me doing something on his clipboard. I was trying to figure out how much was spent on the Bali theme.

"The girls seem to be more worked up than usual," Haruhi, who had shown up late, noticed, placing an empty glass on the counter. I took it and put it on the shelf.