Epilogue

Ten years later...

I was wringing my hands nervously. We were almost there. "I'm never going to stop babbling when we get there. You know that, right?" I asked as I continued looking out the window.

Kaoru laughed, "You've talked my ear off plenty of times. I'm sure I can handle this. Besides, it won't only be me you know there. Mori, Honey, and Tamaki will be, too."

I frowned, "Plus, another few hundred I barely spoke to during my time at Ouran. I only had classes with a few them! I simply happened to graduate the same year as them!"

It was the Ouran Academy Reunion. They had it for every class ten years after their graduation, and it was my year. I hadn't seen most of those people in a decade. Also, because I was valedictorian, I had to make a speech. Did anyone really expect me to be calm?

Kaoru took my hand in his. I looked over at him, surprised by the sudden contact. He smiled at me reassuringly, "You're going to be fine, Azami."

"But I just had to be pregnant when this came up! I should have stayed home! Everyone's going to think I'm a fat housewife that ended up mooching off her husband!" I exclaimed. Not to mention how that was messing with my hormones and making me even more nervous.

"It's obvious that you're pregnant. You're overreacting."

"I don't know. A few of those people weren't the brightest...." I trailed off. I placed my other hand on my bulging stomach. I was eighteen weeks along, and I was having twin boys. I had only just found out the other day their genders. I had to admit, twins were the last thing I expected, but I blamed Kaoru for that. He was somehow the cause; I just knew it, even if it wasn't really possible. I wasn't sure what I would do if they were identical. I didn't want them to go through what Kaoru and Hikaru had.

Kaoru and I had gotten married about four years before, when I was twenty-two, and he was twenty-one. I was two years from finishing college, and considering he had actually proposed two years before that, I figured I had made him wait long enough. I was officially Dr. Azami Hitachiin.

Yes, I had also accomplished my dream of becoming a psychologist. Immediately after college, I had found a job in the field and loved my work. The office wasn't even too far from the mansion we were living in! It was everything I expected it to be. I knew my mom was proud of me wherever she was, and my dad continually reminded me of that whenever I saw him.

"You're going to be fine, Azami. You'll have fun. Stop worrying, please," Kaoru said after he pecked my lips.

I took a deep breath and nodded, "I'll try." That flew out the window as soon as the school came into view. While there was a sense of dread and anxiousness, it was actually really nice to see the colossal white building that was the high school. It was lit up outside in many different colored lights that swirled around on the stone, giving it almost a tie dye effect. The giant fountain made the whole thing seem grander. The clock tower was a bit off in the distance, chiming to tell everyone it was seven o'clock, the start of the party. It looked exactly as it did ten years before.

The limousine lurched to a stop in front of Ouran. I took another deep breath as the driver opened my door. I stepped out with help from the man and then waited for Kaoru. We were left soon after to stare at the building. Kaoru intertwined our hands and gave me a soft smile before we walked inside.

The familiar red carpet comforted me. We travelled along with the other attendees to the ballroom where the main party was held, though I was sure we would move outside before the night was over. We went through the grand double doors and was met with music being played by an orchestra. They had went all out, hadn't they? The chandelier hung high above our heads as it had once a decade ago. I remembered standing on the staircase listening to Tamaki give his speech during the ball the Host Club threw just for fun. What an amazing night that had been....