Chapter 12

The next day, all the classes were called to conduct the physical exams. I walked with Tamaki and Kyoya down to the clinic with the rest of the students. I didn't see any of the other members around.

"So, what do you do in physical exams here?" I asked them.

Tamaki shrugged, "It's the same as anywhere else." I raised an eyebrow at him in doubt.

Kyoya revised, "It might be a bit higher-class, but other than that, you shouldn't feel too out of place." I nodded, feeling like that was a more accurate answer.

We walked in, and I discovered that statement still was not right.There were all these rooms set up with dividing curtains. Nurses in pink and doctors walked around, attending to each student. They all had huge smiles and I was afraid their faces would crack. They were just too... cheery.

I was too busy staring at all the doctors and nurses talking to students to realize Tamaki and Kyoya had left me. I quickly started searching for them, and it didn't take long before I found Kyoya. Haruhi was with him, and I heard her ask, "Don't you think it's weird that these doctors are all so jovial and nice?"

I cut in, "Okay, so it wasn't just me who was thinking that?"

Kyoya explained, "They're chosen by the school's chairman. This may be a school, but it's also a business. Therefore, he wants to keep students happy. After all, most of the students that attend Ouran come from prominent families that have their own private doctors at home. So, this is just a formality." He pushed his glasses up on his nose.

I raised an eyebrow, "They have those?" Haruhi began to walk away.

"Of course they do. I have a doctor at home as well," he stated. I shook my head at him. Honestly, who needed their own doctor?

We both turned to follow Haruhi when a scraggly-looking doctor knocked into us. He only bumped into Kyoya's shoulder, but he made me fall to the floor. "I'm so sorry!" he apologized. He helped me stand.

"It's fine. I'm not hurt. And if I was, what better place to be than a clinic, eh?" I joked, laughing it off. He chuckled nervously and excused himself.

"Huh?" Kyoya said to himself.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, never mind. It wasn't important," he dismissed and began following Haruhi. Naturally, I knew he was lying, but shrugged it off. He didn't seem like the type of person who would like to be pried at.

We were looking for the other hosts when we found where Hikaru and Kaoru were. A bunch of girls were gathered around. A nurse said, "Hitachiin brothers, will you please come with me? We're ready to do your chest measurements. You can use the area behind the curtain to undress."

Hikaru shrugged, "Doesn't matter to me." They started unbuttoning their shirts.

"We're not shy. Who needs a curtain?" Kaoru added. They both pulled off their shirts and the girls started screaming. I gasped and covered my mouth, blushing madly. I looked away immediately, but couldn't get the image of Kaoru shirtless out of my head. Oh dear, I hate this so much, I groaned internally.