Chapter One

THE SON OF ARES : The Battle in the Arena

     Chapter One : The Announcement

     Ace started to knock on the cabin door and shouted.

     Being a son of Ares is different. Really. Here at Camp Greek helps our kind to live normally. But the thing is, when your a child of Ares, killing each other is normal. 

     Every year, Camp Greek will be facing Camp Roman in the Olympic Games where there will be several games for each child of a specific God. For example, When you are a son of Poseidon, you'll have the games in water, like, swimming competition. Another is, Hephaestus' children will be facing a Crafting competition. But for a child of Ares,  you dont want to know. 

     "Benj, you ready for the games?" My bestfriend Cheese said. "Maybe?" I replied. The Children of Ares started to line up and go to the Supreme Room of Ares. In the room, it was so big that you could fit a hundred of people here. There were hundreds of statues of gladiator facing us with a gigantic sword. In the stage made of metal, there stands the Statue of Ares wearing an armor and holding a shield and a sword. Near it was the podium where our Cabin Leader, Ace was about to announce the games for this year. 

     "Welcome, welcome. To the Announcing of the Olympic Games for this year. The message of Ares was already been delivered to me. Inside the message is the specific game where eight of will battle the eight selected demigods at the Camp of the Romans." 

      Some demigods was already shaking because of they are scared. Let me tell you about the games last year. 

      Last year, the games were entitled "Roman Goliath Royale" where sixteen children fought thousands of enormous monsters using only their  hands. Some of the players were eaten by the monsters, some commited suicide, some killed each other and most of them just hide and starve to death. But there was one roman girl, a daughter of Mars stood out among the others and showed her real skills. Roman won the games. Its been ten games since a  Roman wins. That's why Ares is starting to get mad at his Greek Children.

     Ace took a deep breath and announced the games for this year. "Well, remember. Its been ten years since the last greek won. And it was me, so please. For those who have been selected by the god, please win, ok?" As if I'm gonna listen to that warfreak, Benjamin thought. "Well, the title of the games this year is.." Our hearts skipped and stopped as Ace announced it. All of us were shocked of what Ace said. "The games this year is entitled "Roman Gladiator or the Hunger Games!" Ace said arrogantly. 

     Well, it is not fair. Because when you win a game, you get to see your parent (God) and to be the next Cabin Leader. And when you are a Cabin Leader, you wont join any games that holds your life.

     "Yes, yes. The Hunger Games. It is the first game that will involve killing each other as the mechanics. The rules are simple, get a weapon, kill each other and win the crown. There will be sixteen players. EIght from the Camp Greek and Eight from the Camp Roman. I will now call the God of War. He will decide who are the players for this year's game. Four boys, four girls.

     Every year, the God of War will come down in a form of a smoke and he will start to choose by tapping the shoulders of his selected children. The twists is that everyone will close their eyes. 

     We all closed our eyes and started to pray. We all felt that a large smoke came down and drifted from each part of the room. The smoke started to tap shoulders. After minutes...

     I was tapped in the shoulders. The first thing that I felt was my heart felt. I will be joining a game that involves killing each other until one remains alive. As Ace let us open our eyes, i felt confused. 

     I was on the stage, together with the other players. Ace started to announce our names. "And lastly, Benj Riddlecliff." My heart just pumps so hard that I wish I was dead already. Until one boy raise his right arm and shouted "I volunteer!" From the crowd, the person started to move until I saw him. It was Cheese. "Cheese, volunteer for who?" I looked at him and sent my look saying "Please, save me. Volunteer for me, please" Cheese then made his decision and said "Ace, I would like to volunteer for the little boy over there." The little boy started to jump for joy and hug Cheese. The only thing that I liked to do now is to punch Cheese. 

     "Okay, thats it. Ladies and Gentleman, Children of Ares. I present to you, the players for this year's games!" Everyone clapped.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hope you like the first part of the book :)) And please continue to read it, Thanks :)))