Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN : THE PROMISE

I rushed out from the door, trying to run away from the stupid Gods.

The Gods went to a "gathering" which they talked about me causing the fire. Really, I didnt try to burn the Gods. First, I cant summon a fire. Evidence please. But still they proven that I created the fire. I really hate it. Now, Ares is planning to make this arena which they will use to kill me.

They said that this arena is being controlled by a gamemaker.

Let me explain everything.

Gamemakers are the assigned people to control the arena. They can do everything they want. They will be staying in a room where they can see everything. By controlling, it means their main job is to make the games much more harder for the players and much more fun for the Gods. They can anytime summon a great fire, make traps, poison everything, change the arena and even make monsters kill us. The assigned people to be the GMs are the cabin leader of the camps, Ace and Scott.

With the Gamemakers and the Arena, the tributes *players* can ask for help. The people who are watching can "sponsor". SPonsoring means, the people watching from a TV, they can all send gifts to help the tributes. For example, they can give food to the tribute, first aid, etc. Sponsoring is really important. Really Important.

Returning, I run back from the place where Ace and Scott are staying. 

I saw them laughing about a matter. Seconds after, they noticed me running towards them.

"Benj!" Ace shouted. "How did it go?" he continued.

I explained everything to them. From the moment were I was confirmed guilty and the Gods are playing their dirty trick on me. 

"Ha! Goodluck!" Scott was toying with me.

Scott is really arrogant, you know. 

"Stop it." Ace slapped Scott in the arm. "Continuing, So we are assigned as the gamemakers?" Ace questioned.

"Like I said, Ares assigned you to control the arena. You could do everything you want to." I said.

"Well then, I should start planning to kill all the greeks, huh?" Scott said.

"I'll kill you then." I charged at him and pushed him in the wall.

I put my arm, covering his breathing vent near his throat. "Benjamin! Stop it! Let go of him." Ace shouted and caught me.

"Just trying to play with you. Hahaha" Scott said, teasing me.

"Well I am not a toy." I said.

"Well then, is there anything you want to tell us?" said Ace.

"Yep. Can I ask you a favor?" I asked.

"Sure, anything." said Scott.

"Anything?" I asked again, just making sure.

"Yeah. What is it?" said Ace.

I took a deep breath. "Can you -- uhm. --" I said.

"Spit it out!" shouted Scott.

"Can you eliminate them? For me?" I asked.

The two guys were stunned. Scott's face went red. He was angry.

"WHat did you say, punk?" Scott had a grip on my shirt.

"Let go of him." said Ace. "Uhm. Benjamin. uhm. That is too big. Its not that I dont want you to live, its the thing. uhm, it is really hard to explain." said Ace.

I knew it.

"Sponsor, maybe?" I asked. Hoping.

"Sure. Anything, just shout. There are CCTVs around anyways." said Ace.

"Scott, we need to help him." Ace was asking.

Scott examined me. 

"In one condition." he said. "Just survive the bloodbath. I will help you win." said Scott.

"What is the bloodbath?" I asked.

"Benjamin. At the start of the games, You will be placed around the cornucopia where the weapons and supplies are placed. As the countdown finished, you will all run at the cornucopia to get some items. It is very dangerous, dont attend that. Its not your game." said Ace.

"Some people only lived for seconds because of that." said Scott, teasing me. 

"Ok, I will escape." I said.

"No, you can't!" shouted Scott. "Once you run away from the bloodbath, I wont help you. I will kill you!" shouted Scott.

"No, do not. Scott, he will die!" shouted Ace.

"Stop! Lets just, uhmm." I said. "Thats a promise! If i get involved in the bloodbath, you will help me!" I shouted to Scott.

"Yes. That's a promise Benj." He gave me a fake smile.

After seconds, someone appeared.

"Hey, there they are!" Ares said. He was with the the fifteen players.

"Let's train, shall we?" he said, scaring me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Heyy! Sorry for the late upload. "SCHOOL" came. So yeah, hope you  loved it and PLEASE. SPREAD IT AND CONTINUE TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTERS! I promise you, it will be fun. SOrry for the grammar and thanks for reading it. Please vote and comment anything you like. It will be helpful. Again, thanks and please read the next chapter. Thanks :))