Chapter Three// Too Shy

"Is your mom home?" Josh asks as he comes towards me with a glint of desire sparkling in his hazel eyes.

We have just completed the homework we intended on finishing, now with the spare time before his curfew I promised him.

"Why you ask?" My teeth gnaw on my bottom lip, my heart pounding as he pushes his hands on the wall either side of me. His lips are full and pink, drawing closer with his every step.

"Because I wanted to spend some quality time with my girlfriend," his hands hold tight to y hips with the lock of my fingers around the back of his neck. He kisses me roughly, our passion burning between us as the kiss heats up.

"Josh," I moan his name into his mouth, our breathing rigid as we gasp for air.

"What baby?" He trails his lips down my face to my neck, sucking slowly with a steady rhythm.

"My mom is home," I say with a gulp as his teeth nibble on my skin, sending shock waves of lust through my bloodstream. He does this every time he thinks we are alone.

"She won't hear us if we're quite," his hands roam up from my hips and sneak up my shirt, his fingers wondering as I inhale more oxygen to breathe.

"Ok."

Josh has to go home just before we were about to go all the way. His mom rings him and summons him back to the house with the urge of his younger brother being poorly.

"I have to go," he kisses me one last time as I stand with him by my front door. The evening air whisks his hair to the side, drifting down onto my lips so I blow it off. Our foreheads joins and we exchange a knowing laugh. He drops my hand so it falls to my side as he steps back towards his car.

"See you tomorrow," I plant one last kiss on his cheek by running to his side before letting him slip into the driver's seat. I jog back inside to escape the cold breeze, watching his tyres roll away then closing the door.

My heart still feels on fire with the light of his eyes and the passion of his body. The way he makes me feel is like igniting a naked flame.

"So you and Josh did homework tonight?" I spin around to meet the gaze of my mom, walking down the stairs as I lean against the door for support.

"Yes," I nod, my stomach summersaulting with the guilt of what we were also up to. "Homework. That was it."

***

"So why did you say you had Nathan's phone again?" Lacy asks me on our way to home room the following morning. I haven't told her yet about what had happened with me and Josh the previous night, however with her attention far from my relationship (for the first time in a while) I think it would be best to converse about the topic she chose- Nathan.

"I found it in English yesterday, he must have dropped it," I repeat for the second time. We turn the corner and stand outside the classroom door as the bell hasn't rang yet.

"When are you planning on giving it him back?"

"Whenever I see him next," I answer, looking down the narrow corridor in case Nathan is around.

"Why would a nerd like him have an iPhone like that?" She questions, marvelling the IPhone 6 I hold in the palm of my hand under the grip of my fingers. My shoulders shrug, mostly because I wasn't interested in the answer.

"Maybe his family is rich?" I suggest.

But Lacy found the whole idea of 'The School Nerd' being from a wealthy home ecstatic, bursting out into fits of laughter as a result. "You're so funny, you know that Paige?" Even though it wasn't a joke, I decide to let it slip. The chime of the school bell as well as the appearance of the teacher by the door calms Lacy down and we walk inside.